Need a Headset with decent headphone components
Dec 24, 2008 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Citat3962

New Head-Fier
Hello!

I currently use a set of Sennheiser HD-555s as my headphones for gaming.

I really like these headphones but they lack something I really need for online games.

A Mic!

I've seen a good number of headsets from the usual Gamer Gear manufacturers and nothing available seems to be up to snuff on the audio quality side.

Obviously the 555s are not premium quality cans but they're good enough that I want something of at least equal quality.

I have tried a few different Desktop mics as well as a VOIP headset with a mic.

the desktop mics always sound crackly or too quiet. The VOIP Headset I tried sounded ok but I had to stretch the headband over my headphones and that's pretty damn uncomfortable.

Is there a decent quality headset out there in the same 100-150$ price range as my Hd-555s?

Dec 24, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #3 of 4
I think pretty much the best out there are Sennheiser’s PC350 and beyerdynamic’s MMX 300.

The PC350 I think is an HD555 w/ a mic attached. And the MMX300 I think is equivalent to the DT770. Both are outside your price range though.

IMO you're probably better off saving your money and buying a $5-10 clip-on mic and clip it to your HP cable.
smily_headphones1.gif
That's what I do w/ my DT990's..

I would think either one of these would be fine:

Newegg.com - Cyber Acoustics ACM-1B Black 3.5mm Connector Monitor/Lapel Microphone
Newegg.com - Cyber Acoustics CVL-1124RB Silver Lapel Microphone

Dec 25, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #4 of 4
Haven't heard the HD555, but do own the PC350 which is has a very hard/cold sound. Looking to get MMX 300, soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back