... Need A Great Mini-To-Mini ...
Jun 2, 2007 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

BlazingArrow74

100+ Head-Fier
... Hey-There Everyone ... I've PMed RnB180 about purchasing one of his Black Diamond Reference cables, but he hasn't responded ... does anyone know of any other way to order one besides PMing him directly using this site ? ... Also, if there are any other recommendations you guys have for other great mini-to-mini cables, I'd appreciate it ... I'm just looking for a low-distortion/interference, high-quality cable; either 8" or 12" ... Thanks ...

Jun 2, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #4 of 9
I've bought a couple of cables from RnB180 in the past but he doesn't seem to be active anymore. Don't know what's going with Myo.

I've had good dealings with HiGHFLYiN9 (Zynsonix). Bryan has made a few mini ICs for me in the past.

I've not had personal dealings with them other than sending a couple PMs with questions but many members have reported good things about the following member's cable work:
[AK]Zip (A Pure Sound)
grandenigma1 (Enigma Audio)

Jun 6, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #7 of 9
ALO makes excellent cables of great quality and great sound, however they are quite expensive IMO. I will add that Ken has great customer service and he is one heck of a guy so buying from him you will get a great product from a great guy, albeit as said earlier a bit expensive.

As an alternative you could go with Brad at Revelation Audio, he makes an excellent 99.999% Cryo Silver IC for around $79 including S&H. Brad has an excellent customer service as well.

Finally you could consider a DIYer, for example Fitz. I have a silver plated copper IC made by him that sounds awesome. Almost the same sound as from ALO and Revelation Audio at a fraction of the price, about $30 including S&H.

I have compared all of the above and to me the best sounding one was the Revelation Audio, closely followed by the ALO Cotton, and Fitz Silver plated was third ahead of the Jumbo Cryo by ALO. When value is thrown into the equation then it would be a tough call between Revelation Audio and Fitz, yes Fitz's cable is that good (IMO).

Jun 6, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #8 of 9
apuresound.com gets my vote

Jun 8, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #9 of 9
... Thanks Everyone ... The Cryo Silver and Silver-Plated Copper are sounding pretty nice right-about now ... I'm still mulling this over becasue I still need to get an amp in my $250 budget ... I'm planning on a RSA Tomahawk for now ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back