Need a good CHEAP camera (preferrably with a macro mode)
Dec 9, 2007 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

oicdn

Headphoneus Supremus
As the title says. My GF lost my digital camera. Either she left her doors unlocked and it was stolen, or she just plain lost it.

In any case, I need something DECENT. My last camera, a Sony T5 was RIDICULOUSLY good for the price paid. The Macro shots it produced were incredible. And the fact that it was only 5MP was astounding for the quality of pictures it took.

For examples, the pictures in my amp review thread (link found in my sig) are examples of un p-shopped straight from the camera, just resized.....

Anything out there that's that cheap and that good?

Dec 10, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #3 of 17
Any other suggestions?

Dec 10, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #4 of 17
Another Sony T5?
wink.gif

I hear the T30 or T9 is a good choice too, but no practical experience with me, so... I like my Sony W5, it's the fatter version of the T5.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 10, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #6 of 17
I like the canons as well. Check out the ixus range if you want to keep it small. The ixus 70 is a realll nice one. Don't know if you use the same modelnumbers as in europe (well, I know you don't but take a look).
The a-series (some of them) have more options like adjusting aperture and shutterspeed manually. Could be nice for you maybe.
Better than any sony imo. Sony uses his flash at a shutterspeed of 1/30 or 1/40 which gives you a larger risk at images that are unsharp because of movement. Image stabilizer partially won't fix that.
Just for the record..Megapixel doesn't say anything about the qual, it just gives you an impression of how large you can print an image.

Dec 11, 2007 at 8:44 AM Post #7 of 17
fuji f30 or f31. best low-light camera in its price range. good macro mode. not a fan of sonys, to be honest...if you don't want a fuji, i'd go with the canons as well.

Dec 11, 2007 at 9:35 AM Post #9 of 17
performance > size

canon A series (whichever one is in your budget)

size > performance
(isnt a huge changeover btw)

Canon Elph (SD) series... the best compacts out there. Dont break Always great images. Mine has been through a war zone....still functions like its brand new. Most pros (like me) will recommend elphs as great pocket cams. Yes they have a macro mode.

Dec 14, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #11 of 17
I'd go with a fuji finepix. The quality easily rivals canons and sony's. Canon's tend to be more expensive, and I can't stand the delay on the shutter of some sony's.

Dec 28, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #14 of 17
Instead of starting my own thread, I'll ask here. Anyone here have the A570 IS?

I too am looking for a new Cam. I found this site and thought others here would like to read it. Recommended Cameras . He recommends Canon A560, it goes for about $130 on B&H Photo-Video. But I am thinking of getting the A570 IS , its the same as the A560 but with Image Stabilization and more Shooting Modes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back