Need A Decision Made ASAP!!
Nov 11, 2009 at 10:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

IDK

100+ Head-Fier
I Just got the Sennheiser PXC350 but due to last minute holiday arrangements i have to give them as a gift

I Posted this in the portable section....i just wanted some extra suggestions from this board too

Options:

-Sennheiser EH150
-Sony V6's
-Sennheiser HD202
-Shure SRH240
-Samson CH700
-Sony MDR-XD200
-Sennheiser HD201
(people say its good but on Amazon reviews aren't as good as the other two sennheisers)

-JVC M750
-JVC RX700

Music:
- Pop, Ambient, Rock, Dance, Rap, Alternative, Classical, Opera, R&B
- Bass is Needed for Rap

Games:

Call of Duty MW2
FallOut 3
Uncharted 2
Dragon Age Origins
Grand Theft Auto 4
Borderlands

etc.

Where:
- Mostly for Bus and Train Use
- Home for PS3 Gaming (I want to be able to hear Everything in the Games, Footsteps and Distances)

Other:
- Preferably closed, since noise isolation is needed...but will consider open if they'd sound significantly better for the music genres specified and they don't leak that much sound
- I Want them to be a Complete Sound Upgrade over the Headphones i Had in the past
-Durable
-Must Be Able to Last for At Least 3 Years

Sources:

- Ipod video
- no amp
- TV or Monitor

Previous History:

Sennheiser HD435
Zune Premium Earphones V2
Apple Earbuds(Iphone 3G Version)
Sennheiser MX460

Based on Criteria What would be My Best bet Buying?

Thanks in Advance

Nov 11, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #2 of 23
Just get the best set of IEMs you can afford, or a pair of KSC75. Based on your sources and the tide of mediocrity you've listed (Apple earbuds ?? What ?) , and your implied budget, I think that is your best bet. I dont personally have a problem with the HD201/202, but many here consider them to be woefully inadequate - much the same can be said of the V6. Check the portable headphones forum for recommendations on cheap IEMs - I'd suggest spending at least as much as the cost of the V6.

Nov 11, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #4 of 23
Me again with hd 25 1, very punchy but not overblown,balanced,unbelievable isolation,140g, spl 120db.....
And you can put them in your testament
icon10.gif

Nov 12, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #5 of 23
Nov 12, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #6 of 23
i have had the senns ,the sonys, and the jvc rx700 (m750 on the way!)
those low end senns wont make u happy, nor will the sony xd200. small soundstage and lousy range.
the jvc rx700 has been written about a lot around here. nice large soundstage, great bass, decent mids and highs. but its very large! not portable by any means.

the sony v6 has a nice tight sound, fantastic mids and highs, not much bass unless amped. foldable, well built. i regret getting rid of mine...

Nov 12, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #8 of 23
You may want to add the Sennheiser PX100 to your list. It's not closed, but I have a hunch you will love the sound out of them, especially for portable use! I think they would suite games quite nicely. Don't let their cheap price fool you, they are a favorite of many people.

The HD201 will sound much more boring and dull in comparison, which *some* may prefer.

Nov 12, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #9 of 23
Nov 12, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by IDK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i cant stand iems....i've tried the ksc75 and i wasnt remotely impressed

i like headphones that cover the ears

The KSC75 is a clip-on, not an IEM; IEMs are "in-ear monitors" and fit into your ear.

... unless you somehow fit the KSC75 into your ear?

Nov 12, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drubbing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You've listened to that pile of crap, and you think the koss are rubbish?

Skullcandy for you. Nothing but the best in bass sludge.

Cranky, are we? Also, the mdr-v6 are very decent cans...not crap as you claim

Nov 12, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by henryhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cranky, are we? Also, the mdr-v6 are very decent cans...not crap as you claim

I made no such claim. Read what he's had before, not what he's looking at getting.

Nov 12, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #14 of 23
To me the KSC75 are very overrated....but i think i'll get one of the JVCs

my question is if the RX700's are better than the M750 why do they cost basically the Same?

Nov 12, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by IDK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To me the KSC75 are very overrated....but i think i'll get one of the JVCs

my question is if the RX700's are better than the M750 why do they cost basically the Same?

The KSC75 are NOT, overrated. Give them the proper source and amp, and they can keep pace with headphones costing 8x as much.

Their general sound signature is like the HD800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back