Need a DDC/audio bridge recommendation
Jan 31, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #16 of 17
I tend to agree, but alas I don't make those decisions and will pass along your thoughts to the HQ for sure.

The only problem I see is there is such a split between those that listen/measure/try new things, and those that say "I don't need that, things like this are not reality". Then there is the thought process that goes into products like that always ends up costing more money somehow than say the separate route.

And then they get considered to be a "Top Tier Solution" whereas going the separate route allows folks to try different things to see if they "hear" an improvement in their system.

The LAN iSilencer is an example of this, and also the Opti-box that now comes with the NEO Stream. I can easily see these products being incorporated into more products, and in the case of the Opti-box, that being made into a standalone unit as well.

I do understand what you mean, my desk is quite the mess myself, lol

Cheers!!
Thanks iFi, your transparency is refreshing and really appreciated, you are a gem. I am very happy to just have a small "voice" into manufacturers design folks and even if it does not happen, it's ok, at least it was suggested. Thanks again, cheers.

Mar 6, 2024 at 4:20 AM Post #17 of 17
Update:
Bought the Douk U2 Pro recently for about $60 from their official site (they have a discount for a first purchase) after my trusty SMSL PO100 finally died.
These things are truly a godsend for when, for example, you have active speakers with their own DSP. Feed them digital, let them do the work.

Anyway, it’s great, I’m only using the S/PDIF out because that’s all I need but it’s an instant recommend for me.
Only thing I’d add, I’ve had some trouble with WASAPI event with 24/192 files but switching to WASAPI push solved the issue immediately (and then later on I realized I never installed the XMOS driver they provided but rather used the one I’d already had for my SMSL DAC. once I installed the driver they provided, WASAPI event works fine)

It would be perfect if it had some sort of (qoute-unquote) volume control to be used as a pre-amp of sorts but hey, for $60, this is amazing
I wish more devices like this one existed so there's actually variety

Users who are viewing this thread

Back