Need ~$300 HD600 Amplifier
Jul 24, 2003 at 12:31 AM Post #16 of 21
SpOOn's amp will be all mine... ALL MINE.... Tomorrow [
smily_headphones1.gif
] I will let you guys know how it is.

Jul 24, 2003 at 11:54 PM Post #18 of 21
I've got a Rega ear that sounds better than the Meta42 I had with the HD600. Also I think Singlepower makes an amp thats around 3-4 hundred, the CPX3 I think. I've seen some posts about it and they all seemed good.

Jul 25, 2003 at 2:27 AM Post #19 of 21
Got my new tube amp. I was kind of nervous about buying a brand I had never heard of, but upon opening it, it has Headroom.com stampings and whatnot.

Here is a scan of the inside
mynewamp.jpg

It came with two sets of DuMont 6922 E88CC tubes and one set of GH23n-EB 3707 tubes. (i could be wrong on how you write that all out, it is very hard to read on the glass.

I also came with a MonsterCable PowerLine 300 power cord, 3 feet long. That is just a nice addon I suppose. I have not turned it on, going to do that as soon as I hit submit. Lets hope for the best!

not too long later...

I am loving it! Sounds great. I would like a slighly warmer sound to it, but I can change out tubes to cater to my tastes... right?

What tubes would you recommend for this application?

about 50 minutes later...

this is cool... when you first turn it on the light is red, as soon as it is ready for use, say 10 minutes later(?), it turns blue. Just like the TriVista hehe.

Now on for a good while it sounds even better.

Aug 4, 2003 at 4:54 PM Post #20 of 21
Klipschter,

Whats the name of this amp and where would I find one to buy?

It seems you like it and I am currently doing the same search you did.

Derek N

Aug 6, 2003 at 1:59 AM Post #21 of 21

Users who are viewing this thread

Back