NC meet - Sunday, September 23rd
Sep 22, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #46 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackUtopia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone going from Chapel Hill or something give us a lift at Duke University? We're currently without any form of transportation =\

I might be able to. How many people need a ride?

Sep 23, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #47 of 61
The address for the clubhouse is:

10300 Kingsclere Dr
Cary, NC 27511

There are two entrances to the apartment complex off of Cary Parkway. Either one will lead you straight to the clubhouse, so just stay on the main road.

I am bringing snacks and refreshments.

Bring extension cords and power strips if you have 'em. There's massive amounts of room, but that introduces the problem of power cord reach
smily_headphones1.gif

See everyone tomorrow-- you can reach me(Ben) on my cell phone at 919-414-2404 if you get lost!

Sep 24, 2007 at 11:18 PM Post #55 of 61
We had a very small turnout! I had a great time, and I hope everyone else did as well. The clubhouse actually turned out to be a great place for a meet. If another is hosted there, we'll be sure to bring some folding tables as this might make gear placement a bit easier.

As for impressions, I learned that the Grado RA-1 amp really isn't that bad for being so simple, the PA2V2 is really small, John's Denon source has a channel imbalance(get it fixed yet?), and I still don't like my CK2III amp.

Nov 8, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #57 of 61
Sorry to revive this thread (wish I'd seen it when I moved to Raleigh back in lat August), but is there any interest in trying to set up another meet in the forseeable future?

Gear I can contribute:

Future Sonics Atrio m5
Monica 2 DAC (in an Altoids tin, does not include the gain stage)
Ray Samuels Tomahawk
iRiver H120
Cowon A2
Beyerdynamic DT250-80
possibly Future Sonics EM3 (or "Ears"), if I can get them back from my wife

The Monica is definitely the most unique piece here, and I'm sad that I couldn't bring it to the NYC meet before I moved so that I could try to compare it with some other DACs. Note that this Monica is NOT the USB version, and has a special mini-SPDIF input that will accept both optical and regular SPDIF (with special adapters, both of which I have). I'd love to be able to do some comparisons.

Anyone up for it?

-Packgrog

Nov 9, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #59 of 61
I'm always up for a meet- unfortunately, I had a last minute conflict that kept me from going

Dec 9, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #60 of 61
I'm also in the Raleigh area, North Hills, and would enjoy a meet as well. I'm a total newbie to audiophile quality equipment, but very interested. I have the A2 and U3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back