NBC uses Senn HD 25 for announcers?
Jan 1, 2007 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

danmagicman7

100+ Head-Fier
I've noticed that John Madden and Al Michaels have something which looks like an Senn HD 25 with a microphone attached. Also, the new years show the announcers outside have them.

This is on NBC TV channel

Noticeable features are the split headband, the adjustable sliders sticking out from the bottom of the pads...small logo in the middle of the cans...and the wires going from the inside of the headband to the cans.

Anyone else notice/see this?

Jan 1, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #2 of 5
They are using Sennheiser HME-25 - these are 600ohms and sell for $575-600. I have a pair (w/o mic) and re music they DO sound better than HD25-1. and run very well from good portable amps eg. Xin.....though the reason for 600ohms is compatability with broadcast equipment.

Jan 1, 2007 at 7:02 AM Post #3 of 5
Haha, I noticed that too. I was watching with my family and said "Hey, NBC uses good headphones, Sennheiser HD-25s" and everyone turned and stared at me
cool.gif

Jan 1, 2007 at 7:13 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyKarma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, I noticed that too. I was watching with my family and said "Hey, NBC uses good headphones, Sennheiser HD-25s" and everyone turned and stared at me
cool.gif

I'm not alone!

That's another "Head-fi member moment" for the books.
280smile.gif

Jan 1, 2007 at 7:17 AM Post #5 of 5
Yup, almost every NFL commentator I've seen over the past couple of seasons have used them (I can't say beyond that because I haven't paid much attention to that detail until joining this forum =D.) One exception I've noticed is the ESPN Monday Night Football crew, where some Ultrasone headset is used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back