Nationite S:Flo2 (Teclast T51) vs Hifiman HM-601
Mar 3, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #3 of 18
SM3 + Clip

I just moved from the Westone UM2 a huge leap in sound quality. Plenty of bass with a huge soundstage, almost make me feel like standing on the dance floor :O

Mar 6, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #5 of 18
SM3 and Fuze v2 rockboxed =)

Mar 6, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #6 of 18
awww......dang it....someone already took my answer.  Fuze/Clip+ with monster turbine pro coppers.  

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #7 of 18
The clip is a nice player. The Fuze is about as awkward a design as is possible. It loses to all players mention here because: no dedicated volume, horrid navigation wheel, nasty screen, poorly implemented video, etc. I'd take a T51 over it except for size, and that is saying a lot as I hated the T51's ergonomics.

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #8 of 18

Quote:
The clip is a nice player. The Fuze is about as awkward a design as is possible. It loses to all players mention here because: no dedicated volume, horrid navigation wheel, nasty screen, poorly implemented video, etc. I'd take a T51 over it except for size, and that is saying a lot as I hated the T51's ergonomics.

I am on the opposite side - I am rather enjoy the Fuze design and find Clip to be way too small for my hand to navigate comfortably.

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #9 of 18
The clip is small, yes, but at least it has dedicated controls, and its selection button is easier to use. So too, is its selection navigation panel. The Fuze makes a horrible wheel navigator. RB helps, but not enough to make the Fuze operate like other DAP's that are similarly sized. It's a DAP that runs like a massive Benz in a rally. It may feel good in the hand, but it handles like a boat on a road.

Quote:
I am on the opposite side - I am rather enjoy the Fuze design and find Clip to be way too small for my hand to navigate comfortably.

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #10 of 18
Definately, the Sansa OS was horrible.....but Rockboxing it made a major improvement.  Very similar to ipod controls after doing so.  The only thing I hated was using the wheel for volume control.... I'd walk with it in my pocket and it would change volume with it moving around in my pocket or with pulling it in or out.

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #11 of 18
That is a huge problem. The Clip is just a dummy-proof DAP. The only iPods that don't have dedicated volume controls now, are the Classics. The Clip has it. The Shuffle has it. Why doesn't the Fuze? If the nipple was bigger and the wheel a click button like the clip, it would be a great player. It is simply clunky.

Quote:
Definately, the Sansa OS was horrible.....but Rockboxing it made a major improvement.  Very similar to ipod controls after doing so.  The only thing I hated was using the wheel for volume control.... I'd walk with it in my pocket and it would change volume with it moving around in my pocket or with pulling it in or out.

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #12 of 18

Quote:
That is a huge problem. The Clip is just a dummy-proof DAP. The only iPods that don't have dedicated volume controls now, are the Classics. The Clip has it. The Shuffle has it. Why doesn't the Fuze? If the nipple was bigger and the wheel a click button like the clip, it would be a great player. It is simply clunky.

Yeah thats what I'm used to since I own a classic and a 4th gen nano.  the only thing about the clip is the moving through albums and files..... it takes a lot of single clicks to go through 25-35 albums.  

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #13 of 18
Actually I find Fuze's wheel works fine for me as volume control. I have it in a silicone case all the time and the wheel is a little recessed so it won't move by itself and I don't even need to 'hold' the keys. While Clip has a  dedicate volume keys on the side, it is just a little too small for me - every time I tried to change volume, ti want to fly out of my hand (and it actually did, a few times). I actually put it in a silicone case not to protect it, but to add traction. Another point I don't like the Clip is the side-mounted headphone jack, but that is most headphone's plug dependent. Not to say it is the same for everyone else but Fuze just work out better for me.

Mar 7, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #15 of 18
That's easy, when ever you are in another menu, just double click on the Home button will bring you back to Now Playing and allow volume adjustment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back