Nationite S:Flo2 Preorder Sale 2GB, 8GB, 16GB (Batch 3) - UPDATE - 4/30
Apr 16, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #31 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by razzer001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a delay in the panels still. I will be updating with info on Monday. The expected delivery date should not be that long away.

Thanks for the info. I hope to read something good Monday.

Apr 17, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #33 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by sluker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hopefuly your QC does not slip as well.

I expect that with these delays that QC will be closely monitored so that an unfortunate situation won't become a product killing disaster.

With all the positive reviews and impressions and clearly a solid market for this type of product, it'd be an enormous shame if manufacturing or supply problems caused it to wither and die.

Apr 19, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #34 of 102
This is truly appalling. Still no word from Raz?
This lack of communication, and apparent lack of dedication to customer service has turned me off buying from mp4nation to be honest.

Apr 19, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #35 of 102
Sorry for the lack of update, i refrained from posting here till i got back to HK from being in China on the weekend.

The production is delayed, we are waiting for more touch panel screens, this is the only hold up. The factory is saying they should have enough by the end of next week to complete the order, that would make it April 30th.

Things to note:
1) If you want a refund, you can open a support ticket and we will issue one. - http://www.mp4nation.net/support
2) I am not much on the forums as late and maybe not this week either as i will be in Shenzhen. If you have a order related question, do not ask on the forum, please use the support ticket system, either one of my assistants will reply to you.
3) Mods (on MP4 Nation forums) are not employed by MP4 Nation, please refrain from attacking them over any order related matters.

Freebies:

Those who are keeping their order and any new orders placed uptill the 24th of April will get a free custom case that i am currently working on for the S:Flo2. If the cases are not ready by the time the S:Flo2 is in stock you will get a coupon to redeem one for free.

Not so freebie:

Alternatively, those who want to purchase the Brainwavz M2 can opt to get a one time USD$20 coupon that they can use towards the new M2, those who opt for this will not get a free custom case.

Also to note:

As the price of flash memory has gone up a lot, the price of the S:Flo2 will rise after the presale, but only on the 16GB, which will be $10 more, on 2GB and 8GB we will eat the additional cost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhaishaki
I'm all the more worried about the QC of the final product. The info about panels and memories makes me worry about the last hour rush and QC as it will be a bit difficult to get it repaired later as we most of us are international customers.

There is no QC issue. The actual boards are all done already by the SMT machines, we are awaiting the panels, once they arrive the units will be put together (battery, case, board and screen).

Apr 19, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #36 of 102
Thanks Razz. Any chance of us getting a peek at the case?

@ Hero_kid, lighten up. If the panels the Sflo:2 incorporates were just any old mass-produced lcd, we'd already have our DAP's. But since it's a bit of a custom part, delays can be understood. As far as communication, Razz said he'd update on Monday. It's Monday and true to his word, we have an update.

Apr 19, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #37 of 102
I wasn't at all concerned about the delay itself. These things happen, but as long as Raz keeps customers informed that's all he can really do. When I posted that comment it was Tuesday in my country and I was honestly disappointed not to see a reply... Since reading Raz's post I am back behind mp4nation. He has redeemed himself and his company in my eyes.

Apr 20, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #38 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by cswann1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Razz. Any chance of us getting a peek at the case?

I posted this on my forums:

might be one of these 2 or maybe eventually both:
http://twitgoo.com/o1pox
http://twitgoo.com/o1pnr

The one with the clip will probably have a dark red interior color and not the bright orange color, both are made with leather, the brown one is hide leather and feels nice, both the cases will be custom fitted to the S:Flo2 body size, so the final product will better fit the S:Flo2 than how the currently look in the pictures.

BTW, if you want the M2 coupon please open a support ticket for it, include your order number in the request - osTicket :: Support Ticket System

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #40 of 102
[size=small]
atsmile.gif
Ive been reading bad things about these players crashing and dieing with updates and all sorts of things but It has sparked my curiousity anyways cause if they do work from the get co it's a fine player which will power my Sennheiser HD438's to good loud levels.

what I'm asking anyways is this 3rd batch gonna have the same issues as the other ones and if the thing is doa will it take 3 months to get a new one cause I'm def not waiting that long cause if it dies you should at least get it to us in a couple of weeks.
regular_smile .gif
I hope I get some good feedback[/size]

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #41 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by CronosX9x9X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=small]

what I'm asking anyways is this 3rd batch gonna have the same issues as the other ones and if the thing is doa will it take 3 months to get a new one cause I'm def not waiting that long cause if it dies you should at least get it to us in a couple of weeks.
regular_smile .gif
I hope I get some good feedback[/size]

The 3rd batch is the same as the 1st and 2nd, as will the 4th, 5th etc etc. They are all made the same way with the same components. Only difference is that this batch and subsequent will have V2.0 fw preloaded (or higher on future production batches).

Most times production batches are never known as they are produced in time before the last batch is sold out, this is in the case of almost all goods, just in this case we sold out really fast the last lot and have had a delay on this new lot.

The S:Flo2 has less than a 2% RMA rate at the moment, so your less likely to get a DOA or even a unit to go bad after much use, however in the case of DOA or anything goes wrong in the first 30 days, we do a 1 for 1 swap for a new unit
smily_headphones1.gif
How long the post takes it to get your RMA to us and the new unit to to you is not in our sphere of control.

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #42 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by rabor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If one I'd prefer the brown pouch pls..

& I presume the free viewing stand is the Nationite N Stand?

We will eventually have both and a third model, as it looks right now, the new cases will probably arrive after the S:FLo2 is back in stock, so i will just allow buyers who get the coupon to redeem the case for free to choose one of the three cases.

The N Stand is the free stand that comes with the player.

Apr 30, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #43 of 102
Delivery update 4/30/10: The touch panels are complete and the units are being assembled, all the units will be in stock by the 4th and will subsequently start shipping.

A note on shipping: We have well over 300 preorders for this and it will take about 2 days for all of them to be packed and shipped out. Tracking will be forwarded accordingly.

To those in Europe: HKP is still advising that there is a backlog in the air cargo to Europe, so you may not see your tracking update till such time as they find air cargo space to send your parcel out on. Currently tracking updates for Euro bound parcels is all over the bored with some parcels being updated promptly while others only show up online till after they have left HK. If you are in europe please be patient, the issue with the air cargo backlog is beyond any control i have.

Note to buyers in Brazil: As Brazil mail is routed through Europe, the above message and delay holds true to any orders that have a Brazilian mailing address.

Presale prices go back to normal retail prices starting Sunday April 30th.

Apr 30, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #44 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by razzer001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Note to buyers in Brazil: As Brazil mail is routed through Europe, the above message and delay holds true to any orders that have a Brazilian mailing address.

Hello Raz!

I'm from Brazil. Orders sent by EMS will also suffer from this delay?

Cheers,

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back