National Do Not Call Registry,,,No More Telemarketers,,,!!!
Feb 27, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #5 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimless1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good post since alot of us are up for our 5 year renewal.

Yeah, my wife and I have 5 cell phones and a land line for faxes and we started getting them again after not having them for a long time. It was nice to not have to worry about that crap and I signed up again today and I thought it would be good to remind people here at Head-Fi.

Feb 27, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #6 of 23
Thanks for the reminder! I was wondering why my home phone kept getting calls like that. We had registered a few years back, but I guess I forgot!

Feb 27, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #7 of 23
This is one of the worst institutions in history.

Why the hell do you need to register in order NOT to get telemarketers to call you?

What about: they don't call you in the first place, and if you want them to call you, have a similar institution but then for signing up to get telemarketing calls!

I can't express my disgust over the need for such a thing well enough without several profanities.

I saw something on a tv programme a few years back that there was a similar company here in the Netherlands, but you had to pay to sign up!!! And they were raving about it!!!! what?!?!

Feb 27, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #8 of 23
we just got new cell phone numbers and started getting telemarketing calls right away...i just registered our numbers a couple days ago. damn intruders!

Feb 28, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #11 of 23
I actually worked as a telemarketer for a few months for Discover credit card...and let me say this - working at McDonalds is better than this. Sure, they pay much more but it makes you want to go kill yourself. Hated the job and I feel sorry for some of the people that I call (unless they were jackasses and there were a lot). And I have called a few people who were actually on the Do Not Call list which was weird.

The scary thing about where I worked at was the massive amount of people who actually SIGNED up for the credit card. And a majority of the people who apply for it have really really low income. Don't know why still apply but its none of my business. And last of all..BALANCE TRANSFERS ARE EVIL AND THEY ARE MISLEADING!!! We had this offer where if you use your card every billing cycle you can have a low interest rate on your balance transfer. What they don't tell you is that every month you are paying off your balance transfer and not your statement for that billing cycle. So you get into more debt with a high ass interest rate...you actually have to read the fine print to know this or else you won't know until you see your first billing statement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorito123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always ask them for their home phone number so I can call them at home so we can talk about it. When they deny, then I promptly call them stupid ****** and hang up on them.

I actually had someone who did that to me...it was pretty stupid. I wish I could yell back at them but that have gotten me fired ^_^.

/end rant

Feb 28, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #12 of 23
*grabs a dorito* Crunch crunch crunch,
Yeah i been getting telemarketers on my cellphone at work again,i think ill reregister all my numbers again.

Feb 28, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #13 of 23
A similar concept has been instituted here in Australia by the government. We have not registered, and will not, because there are exemptions as follows:-

Charities or should I say so-called charities
Political parties
and a few others I cannot remember.

What they have also done is restricted times when such calls cam be made.

By registering you actually put yourself on their radar and will most likely get calls. I would only register if I was already getting a whole bunch of calls regularly.

cheers
Simon

Feb 28, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #14 of 23
True Story…..

I have a friend that got a call from a window replacement company. They were excited to hear him say he was interested in new windows and asked if they could come out and give an estimate. He replied, "I need siding too, do you do siding?” “Yes sir, she excitedly said, we do all kinds of home improvements.” My buddy said, "The house could use a new roof too, would you be able to do this?” She says, absolutely he can tell she is getting very excited about her big sale. After this, she asked “What day do you think we can come out?" My buddy said, "We'll, I don't know exactly, I'll have to ask my landlord," He promptly heard - CLICK

Feb 28, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #15 of 23
Just a warning: the Do Not Call list can't protect you from international telemarketers... and they GET your number from the list. Not cool :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Back