Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest
Jul 5, 2005 at 9:40 PM Post #16 of 31
I also watched this. Pretty gross, but man can those guys eat!! You can see them shaking from all of the food.

Jul 5, 2005 at 9:43 PM Post #17 of 31
apparently Kobiyashi was being held back by gas. in the 7th minute he got a lucky belch in that cleared the way for him to bust out his new secret technique - the "3-way" - where he started stuffing 3 dogs at a time in his maw. At that point, he started pulling away and at the pace he was going in the last few minutes he would have broken the record by alot if he could have busted out the 3-way in the beginning.

Jul 5, 2005 at 9:57 PM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
apparently Kobiyashi was being held back by gas. in the 7th minute he got a lucky belch in that cleared the way for him to bust out his new secret technique - the "3-way" - where he started stuffing 3 dogs at a time in his maw. At that point, he started pulling away and at the pace he was going in the last few minutes he would have broken the record by alot if he could have busted out the 3-way in the beginning.

Good heavens. Three hot dogs at once. I am at a real loss.

Jul 5, 2005 at 10:05 PM Post #19 of 31
I wonder how they're feeling today... I hope they had their plungers ready for the aftermath!
eek.gif
tongue.gif

Jul 6, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
I wonder how they're feeling today... I hope they had their plungers ready for the aftermath!
eek.gif
tongue.gif

for what? The mass-evacuation?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2005 at 3:57 AM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
for what? The mass-evacuation?
smily_headphones1.gif

they can have their own little "War of the Worlds".

Jul 7, 2005 at 2:27 AM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn

At first I thought you were talking about something else...
eek.gif

lol md1032, mass-evacuation...nasty...
tongue.gif

Jul 7, 2005 at 2:10 PM Post #25 of 31
Anyone ever heard of the wing bowl?
It's pretty much the same thing, but they have it in phili, they eat lots of chicken wings.

I don't see how any of those well trained guys are going to die, but maybe one of those obese people who think they are the hardcore eaters, because they eat like pigs anyways.

As disgusting as this event is, it's part of out culture and pretty oldschool kind of competition, just like boxing, it doesn't have to seem cultured or PC, it just is...

I don't see them ever stopping this, the novelty of it alone is just kind of funny to me, but well, everyone likes something i guess?

Maybe people like gambling on this stuff.

Jul 7, 2005 at 2:22 PM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by SptsNaz
Anyone else notice how much bigger Kobayashi is now than he was years ago? He was definitely in MUCH better shape than all the other competitors

they actually said that hurt him, because the abdominal muscles get in the way - it's better to have a sloppy loose belly that can distend with the stomach...

Aug 17, 2005 at 9:02 PM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Sorry to revive an old thread, additional records set by Mr. Kobayshi this past weekend:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4151334.stm

In addition to those records, Kobayshi hold records for consuming 17.7 pounds of cow brians, 20 pounds of noodles, and 20 pounds of rice balls. Kobashi weighs in at 150 lbs.

Yep I heard about this recent one. They say he can gain upwards of near 10lbs after a eating contest...that's disgusting! lol

Aug 18, 2005 at 9:09 AM Post #29 of 31
Anyone ever heard of the "Belt of Fat" theory? The more fat a person has on their belly, the harder it is for the stomach to expand to accomodate the food they're ingesting. Just like a normal belt, the "Belt of Fat" chokes the stomach, and that's why bigger guys just can't compete with Kobayashi and Sonya Thomas. They don't have much fat at all, so their stomach can expand freely.

May 6, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #30 of 31
I’ve been to the original Nathan’s a few times at the Coney Island location New York. I like the place. Good hotdogs. Maybe it’s placebo but the hotdogs taste much better than other Nathan’s hotdog locations.

Here’s something that most people don’t know:

The original Nathan’s sell fried frog legs and it’s actually pretty good. I recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back