Natalie Merchant
Mar 7, 2008 at 5:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

manofmathematics

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone out there have the opportunity to listen to MoFi's cut of Natalie Merchant's Tigerlily?

I'm enjoying it right now, and my oh my....It is absolutely beautiful!

I highly suggest this album.

Mar 8, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #6 of 18
Just got it yesterday. #1885. And yes, the sq is fantastic. I wasn't too familiar with her music (other than jealousy, carnival), but I've found this album to be a pleasant surprise. I particularly like The Letter.

Mar 8, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #7 of 18
I see that you have RS-1...Unfortunately my Grados are gone. I'd love to hear her voice through some Grados. #318 since we're throwing them out there.

Mar 8, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ampersand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got it yesterday. #1885. And yes, the sq is fantastic. I wasn't too familiar with her music (other than jealousy, carnival), but I've found this album to be a pleasant surprise. I particularly like The Letter.

The song River is about River Phoenix's death. Kind of interesting.

Apr 12, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by manofmathematics /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone out there have the opportunity to listen to MoFi's cut of Natalie Merchant's Tigerlily?

I'm enjoying it right now, and my oh my....It is absolutely beautiful!

I highly suggest this album.

I hate I don't have the MOFI edition. I have been a long-time fan. She is no doubt a poet, song writer and outstanding female singer.

As another poster indicated "Motherland" is terrific as well.

Darn! is the MOFI edition that much better, I have to get it?

Apr 13, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #12 of 18
In my opinion, yeah, the MoFi cut of this album is a good deal better. I find that it has a more powerful presentation and greater sense of dynamics.

At the price that you can get it for, yeah, I suggest getting it.

Jul 25, 2008 at 7:21 AM Post #15 of 18
Alright, you guys have me convinced....I'm buying it tomorrow! Ya gotta love Natalie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudbugclub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good stuff. I saw her play in Manchester in 1995 (I think), great live, good show.

In 1996 (I think
wink.gif
), my cousin & I were driving across country....as we were approaching Denver from the flatlands, we were literally just flipping through radio stations & caught the words "....& Natalie Merchant playing tonight at Red Rocks Amphitheatre....". It worked out perfectly that we were going to be driving right by Red Rocks on I-70 at 7pm. Someone sold us tix in the parking lot for $10 each & before we knew it we were being treated to a very special night...beautiful, haunting, ethereal vocals in a beautiful, haunting, & ethereal venue!

If any of you ever have the chance to see a concert at Red Rocks (even if you only partially like the band
eek.gif
), do yourself a favor & check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back