Nashville area mini-Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi meet November 3, 2018

Page 1 of 6
2 3 4 5 6
Next

Last
  1. kilkil
    The main meet is in March : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/music-city-head-fi-meet-nashville-area-saturday-march-9-2019.881249/

Nashville area mini-Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi meet

Date/Time: Saturday November 3, 2018 / 1pm CT Start

Location: About an hour east of Nashville, 2 hours north of Chattanooga, 2 hours west of Knoxville
    1847 Puckett Point Rd, Smithville, TN 37166
    I-40 to Exit #273 that is TN56 South. Cross the bridge, then Puckett Point Rd will be on your left.
    The house is 1.7 miles down Puckett Point Rd, on the left side. Light Blue siding on house and garage.

For the people coming from Kentucky on I65, I don't recommend getting off the interstate before exit 38 in KY due to small curvy country road driving for many hours. Thus i recommend exit 38 or exit 2 in KY.

Parking
    : The house is on the left side of the road with a driveway that can hold 4 cars (2 must be compact). Across the street there is a light blue garage, that is also mine, it has another 6-8 parking spaces, plus parking on grass as needed (just past the house on the left side of the road and around the garage, making sure not to block my neighbors driveways).

Food
    : Feel free to bring food to share. I'll be making something (I'll update when i know).

Beverage
    : Please bring Whiskey to share.

This meet is a smaller, less formal meet to listen to gear and enjoy great company and whiskey.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    JabenZ likes this.
  2. Whazzzup
    jeez wish i could make it, you had me at whiskey

3. RCBinTN
    Let me check the flight schedules...it's only portable gear. Nashville is "quite" the international hub now. LOL.

Whazzzup likes this.
  4. RCBinTN
  5. kilkil
    Toronto isn't too far, only a 13 hour drive...

I wouldn't say only portable gear, I'll have my dynahi available.

6. RCBinTN
    Decent! Well, you live there...so, bring your headphones (at least) folks!
    Hey Kevin - any chance for you to join us?

7. kilkil
    Hopefully we can get a good crowd for the meet. Though honestly just having friends over and sipping whiskey is great.

8. jr4jc
    I’m so excited....and I just can’t hide it....
    Wait a minute I’m gonna listen to gear I don’t have...that I will proabaly want....this will probably mean spending $$$ in the long run.....
    (..well..you can’t take it w you...) SO;
    I’m so excited.....and I just.....

9. RCBinTN
    Will be nice to meet you, JR.
    I will bring my AK240/Oppo HA-2 and my LCD-4.
    They all travel well, in nice tight packaging, although they don't pair together so well -- :)

Tom, does your amp have a balanced HP out or should I bring my XLR/SE connector?
    The LCD-4 need more power than just the HA-2 can provide.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  10. kilkil
    My amp is single ended 1/4", thus you will need an adapter.

11. RCBinTN
    OK - thanks, Tom.
    Will be interesting to see JR's reaction to the Yggy + dynahi amp with the LCD-X!! :)
    Maybe a life changing event.

Then comes the LCD-4 + Yggy + dynahi........buckle up!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  12. jr4jc
    3AC213C1-8641-4D0E-A36A-9165408A9D72.jpeg 4462A9A3-3A15-47DB-9C2F-E48804D5C8C1.jpeg DB87AE6A-762B-4673-AD68-8BC32A9B34CC.jpeg Yes I’m looking forward to actually meeting y’all
    Bought on amazon and made it to fit

RCBinTN likes this.
  13. kilkil
    That is a serious case. I'm looking forward to meeting you too.

14. kilkil
    Definitely could be. And I have the first gen yggy, I haven't heard the new analog stage yet. Though @Cool Jazz has it, maybe he'll bring it to the meet and we can do a comparison.

RCBinTN likes this.
  15. Wildcatsare1
    Just look King at the date, two fronts, I’ve started a part time job on the weekends, but that should be enough time to change schedules, and get Maryna to take the day off so she can take care of the dogs. I would absolutely love to come, for the great sound, whiskey and even better company!

JabenZ and RCBinTN like this.
Page 1 of 6
2 3 4 5 6
Next

Last