Nashua, New Hampshire Meet: Decemeber 5th, 2015
Nov 12, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #76 of 195
  This is awesome and I am totally in!  I live about three miles down the road in Merrimack, NH, so if anyone needs "local support", please don't hestitate to reach out.

I'll be representing Grace Design with m920 and m9XX DAC/amps, a Little Dot MK III OTL tube amp, and two very common headphones: Sennheiser HD650 and Audio-Technica ATH-M50x.

- Dave

Well, as I live 2000 miles away, I will not be there, but...

We ALL want to hear about the Grace m9xx compared against everything! 

Nov 12, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #77 of 195

Well, as I live 2000 miles away, I will not be there, but...

We ALL want to hear about the Grace m9xx compared against everything! 

Well I'll be really upset if the general consensus is that the m9XX sounds better than my m920. 
basshead.gif

- Dave

Nov 12, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #78 of 195
Got my HD800 in the mail! I forgot how light these headphones are compared to their size.  Anyone have suggestions for what they pair well with ? I'm going to the meet to hopefully find what amp/dac works best. 

Nov 12, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #79 of 195
  Got my HD800 in the mail! I forgot how light these headphones are compared to their size.  Anyone have suggestions for what they pair well with ? I'm going to the meet to hopefully find what amp/dac works best. 

According to http://www.head-fi.org/a/head-fi-buying-guide-desktop-amps-dacs-2 the Schiit Audio Vali is a good, affordable match for the HD 800s.

- Dave

Nov 16, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #80 of 195
All,

I just spoke with Walter of Fidelis:

- Technics will be there, and not only will they be talking about their company's revival and showing off
their new speakers and home audio electronics, but they will also be bringing their new headphones and
headphone amp.  I'm not sure about model numbers and pricing yet, but they do have a new flagship on the way:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/779806/technics-eah-t700-an-impressive-high-end-2-way-headphone

- REL subwoofers will be there giving a demo

- I was told that there will also be a raffle, as well as awards/prizes given out for the most impressive headphone systems that you bring in
to the meet! 

- Fidelis is having the meet catered with food and beverages!

This is going to be a one helluva fun Headfi Meet, so you don't want to miss it!  

[and don't forgot that there are shopping malls
nearby to dump drop-off your significant others, kids, etc. to do holiday shopping if they don't want to spend the afternoon hanging out with all of us much "cooler" peeps 
biggrin.gif
]

Vinnie

Nov 16, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #81 of 195
I am def curious how this is going to sound.

And as always thanks Vinnie for setting this up. VITAMIN C! We can't have another year without you. 

Nov 16, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #82 of 195

According to http://www.head-fi.org/a/head-fi-buying-guide-desktop-amps-dacs-2 the Schiit Audio Vali is a good, affordable match for the HD 800s.

- Dave

I'll be bringing a Valhalla 2 you can try. OTL design that works great with high impedance headphones like the HD800. I use HD650s myself.

Nov 16, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #84 of 195
Nov 16, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #87 of 195
  A little late, but I'm a maybe. Hope I can make it this year!

Better late then never. Whatever obligations you might have on that day you needs to bribe them with alcohol and candy. If that doesn't work tell them you're sick. 

Nov 18, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #89 of 195
Quick question for the attendees: Will anyone be bringing any balanced equipment to the meet?  I'm starting to get the balanced headphone/amp itch (dangerous and expensive, I know), and it'd be great to test drive an HD650 with balanced cabling connected to a balanced headphone amp.  My JRiver Media Center 21 → Grace m920 → Little Dot MK III → SE HD650 signal path sounds great to me, but I'd like to know what I may be missing by not using a balanced signal path.

- Dave

Nov 18, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #90 of 195
Quick question for the attendees: Will anyone be bringing any balanced equipment to the meet?  I'm starting to get the balanced headphone/amp itch (dangerous and expensive, I know), and it'd be great to test drive an HD650 with balanced cabling connected to a balanced headphone amp.  My JRiver Media Center 21 → Grace m920 → Little Dot MK III → SE HD650 signal path sounds great to me, but I'd like to know what I may be missing by not using a balanced signal path.

- Dave

I believe the lio is balanced. Assuming it is, you are in for a treat with the HE-1000. Almost makes me want to fly out! (Getting to see my son would be nice too, but between my son and the he-1000, well, tough choice!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back