Nashua, New Hampshire Meet: Decemeber 5th, 2015
Sep 29, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #17 of 195
I blocked out the date! My girlfriend wants to come as well. I'll have to rent a car so I'd be cool with carpooling (or if someone owns a car and wouldn't mind picking us up that'd be cool too and I'd chip in for gas).

Gear (probably won't change because I'm trying not to spend much more money)
ZMF Omni (though I probably don't have to bring this if Zach is coming)
Symphonies Magnum V3 Lite
Modded OPPO PM2
Master and Dynamic MH40
Jecklin Float Model 2
EHHA rev. A
Custom 6197 tube amp in my avatar picture (this one is tentative. If I sell it I'll be upgrading this to most likely a Decware)
Gamma2
Theta Progeny

Possible:
Stax Lambda Pro
Stax SR-202
Stax SRM-212

Sep 30, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #18 of 195
I blocked out the date! My girlfriend wants to come as well. I'll have to rent a car so I'd be cool with carpooling (or if someone owns a car and wouldn't mind picking us up that'd be cool too and I'd chip in for gas).

Modded OPPO PM2
Master and Dynamic MH40
Jecklin Float Model 2
EHHA rev. A
Custom 6197 tube amp in my avatar picture (this one is tentative. If I sell it I'll be upgrading this to most likely a Decware)
Gamma2
Theta Progeny

Possible:
Stax Lambda Pro
Stax SR-202
Stax SRM-212

What an interesting collection! I had to Google a few things... Apologies if I got anything wrong here or in the table.

Symphones Magnum V3 Lite -- modded Grado SR-325i
Jecklin Float Model 2 -- electrostatic dynamic phones
Gamma2 -- a DAC(/amp?) made by AMB labs
Theta Progeny -- a legacy (1994) Theta amp that is the single-ended version of their previous TOTL

Sep 30, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #19 of 195
The Magnums are technically SR325 housings with a new driver. The Jecklins are dynamics. The Theta I think was their "budget" DAC which was a single ended version of one of their lower end DACs. The Gamma is just a DAC that I'm bringing in case something funny happens with the Theta.

Sep 30, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #20 of 195

Modded OPPO PM2
Master and Dynamic MH40
Jecklin Float Model 2
EHHA rev. A
Gamma2
Theta Progeny

Possible:
Stax Lambda Pro
Stax SR-202
Stax SRM-212

Wow- incredible collection. Can't wait for the meet, been wanting to try a lot of these.

Oct 2, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #21 of 195
One thing to consider when going to the NH meet. Last year we had a couple of people who wanted to try other people's headphones on their own setup but didn't have the right adapter to plug it in. So might be worth buying an adapter or if you have one to bring it. 

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #22 of 195
Hello,

I will be attending if that is ok. I am a friend and colleague of richsvt.

Bringing:

Senn HD650
Senn PX 100 - IIi
Schiit Lyr 1
Schiit Modi 1, Modi 2 Uber, or some version of Bifrost 1 (will pull the trigger by then and update)
Schiit Fulla
iPad Air 2 with Can Opener
FiiO X1

Thanks, looking forward to it!

-Ande

Oct 9, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #23 of 195
I am going to have a fairly customized pair of headphones when I go there. I hope I can get some input on what people like/dislike about it. 

This is the t70p currently with detachable cable and bass ports. I'm going to have my friend make them completely open and maybe paint them. 

Oct 9, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #24 of 195
I am going to have a fairly customized pair of headphones when I go there. I hope I can get some input on what people like/dislike about it. 

This is the t70p currently with detachable cable and bass ports. I'm going to have my friend make them completely open and maybe paint them. 

Oh cool, Beyerdynamic mods! Haven't heard too many of those. I'd love to try them.

They don't have a detachable cable stock, do they? What kind of porting did you use? Kind of looks like mini-XLR.

Oct 9, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #25 of 195
Oh cool, Beyerdynamic mods! Haven't heard too many of those. I'd love to try them.

They don't have a detachable cable stock, do they? What kind of porting did you use? Kind of looks like mini-XLR.

They come single sided non-detachable. My OCD needs dual entry and they are mini-xlr. There is 2 small holes on the inside of the cup that raises the bass a little and gives it a more airy sound. 

Below is the first attempt he did to my 990s. Peterek does amazing work. Custom grill, sanded down the beyer 990 words and made dual entry with 4 mogami cable per side (8 mogami cables total.)

Edit: Well this could be interesting. The 990's might be modded with a custom baffle and a pair or xb100 drivers along with a hifiman focus pads. Would make for a pretty highly modded 990s. 

Oct 9, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #26 of 195
Hey guys, 

Just found this new thread after the Boston thread died down.

I'll be attending:

Gear
Headphones:
  1. AKG K7XX and Sennheiser HD650 (probably won't bring these since there are so many already on the list)
  2. Koss KSC75 if anybody wants to try 'em out
  3. Etymotic ER4P (with S adapter) (will see if I have extra unused tips; not sure about these at a meet for hygiene reasons)

DAC/amps:
  1. Headamp Pico USB DAC/amp
  2. Schiit Valhalla 2
  3. Potentially an Oppo BDP-105D if we need it, but I'd rather not haul it

I've also reached out to Alex @ AudioZenith about listening to a pair of PMx2 in Boston, and he said that it's a possibility he could send a pair over to ZMF for the meet so we can try them out. I'll remind him as we get closer.

Oct 9, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #27 of 195
  Hey guys, 

Just found this new thread after the Boston thread died down.

I'll be attending:

Gear
Headphones:
  1. AKG K7XX and Sennheiser HD650 (probably won't bring these since there are so many already on the list)
  2. Koss KSC75 if anybody wants to try 'em out
  3. Etymotic ER4P (with S adapter) (will see if I have extra unused tips; not sure about these at a meet for hygiene reasons)

DAC/amps:
  1. Headamp Pico USB DAC/amp
  2. Schiit Valhalla 2
  3. Potentially an Oppo BDP-105D if we need it, but I'd rather not haul it

I've also reached out to Alex @ AudioZenith about listening to a pair of PMx2 in Boston, and he said that it's a possibility he could send a pair over to ZMF for the meet so we can try them out. I'll remind him as we get closer.

Can never have too many 650's. It's a great headphone. The Koss 75's are really amazing for their cost. When you put a pair of Sennheiser px200 pads on them they really shine.

Oct 9, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #28 of 195
I drunkenly bought a Sextett so I'll bring that too!

Oct 10, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #30 of 195
I definitely can't do that on a college student budget haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back