Narrowed down to some IEMs, can't decide which? X11 vs Ue900 vs S200i vs DN-1000?
Jul 16, 2016 at 9:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

greenkomodo1

100+ Head-Fier
Budget - £150 / $200. I tend to buy used ones off ebay for much lower cost.

Source - Fiio X3 2nd Gen

Requirements for Isolation - I use the London Tube and it's noisy so some isolation is needed

Type - IEM

Preferred tonal balance - I guess I prefer a bit of a V from my previous headphones.

Past headphones - Klipsch Image S4, SennHeiser IE80, V Moda 100. The V Moda really hurt my ears so want to back to IEM. I liked the thick sound of the IEMS, I don't like netural sounding. Also one important thing to note is that my ears tend to be quite sensitive if I listen to music loud certain high pitch vocal freqneucy or guitar sounds tend to hurt a bit. This doesn't happen on my V Moda. I think you could say the IE80 highs are grainy.

Preferred Music - Just looking to improve from the Sennheiser IE80s,

I listen to rock music only . A wide variety from prog, to metal, to stoner rock to 90s alternative bands like Pearl Jam. I was looking at Klipsch X11s? or Logitech UE 900? JBL S200i The Shure 535 are too expensive.

Jul 16, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #2 of 3
Don't get the Dunu Dn 1000s if you are sensitive to highs and sibilance. They are my daily IEm and are V shaped but the highs can be quite fatiguing depending on the song.

The ones I've had that are slightly V shaped and 'thick' sounding were MEE Pinnacle P1s. Very good isolation and great detailed rich sound. They might be at the top end of your budget though but look in to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back