NAPOLEON DYNAMITE : Movie Impressions
Dec 25, 2004 at 10:24 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel102
Which is worse: Napoleon Dynamite or I Robot?

I Robot
rolleyes.gif

Dec 26, 2004 at 12:02 AM Post #17 of 24
Ranking the latest movies I saw

Harold and Kumar
Life Aquatica
Surviving Christmas
Anchorman
Napolean Dynamite (Yet I and friends imitate the "odd" guys voice. "aaaa why did you do that?)
Bad Santa

Dec 26, 2004 at 2:27 AM Post #18 of 24
I [size=x-small]LOVED[/size] that movie!
Idiots!
What are you thinking?

Who would have thought that a movie with almost no plot could be so funny?
Don't you remember that guy from high school?

BTW Tom D,
The movie was set in current time, not the 80's.
Uncle Rico kept dreaming about RETURNING to the 80's.
The internet & chat rooms were not around in the 80's.
However most of the music was from the 80's.
The people in the film were just THAT far behind the times!
That's one of the reasons why it was so funny. These guys were such losers.

Make sure to watch the deleted scenes.

Dec 26, 2004 at 3:56 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R
I [size=x-small]LOVED[/size] that movie!
Idiots!
What are you thinking?

Who would have thought that a movie with almost no plot could be so funny?
Don't you remember that guy from high school?

BTW Tom D,
The movie was set in current time, not the 80's.
Uncle Rico kept dreaming about RETURNING to the 80's.
The internet & chat rooms were not around in the 80's.
However most of the music was from the 80's.
The people in the film were just THAT far behind the times!
That's one of the reasons why it was so funny. These guys were such losers.

Make sure to watch the deleted scenes.

Finally... I thought I was the only demented one. I saw the clothes, the music, and the cars, and thought "has to be 80s", but you're right, there were no chat rooms or internet (as we know it, anyway) then. Conflict of facts there.

Dec 26, 2004 at 4:38 AM Post #20 of 24
I personally loved the movie. Then again, people do tell me that I have a peculiar sense of humor. Of course, one of my good friends who I saw the movie with didn't like it as much. As a result (along with another movie selection by me), I have been forever banned to select a movie if I'm going to see it with her. Oh well.

Dec 26, 2004 at 6:35 AM Post #21 of 24
It was a Good movie... I felt sort of a dry and unfinished feeling at the end though. Although I loved so many parts.. especially ones with pedro. This movie was a really big hit at my school for some reason people were using lines from the movie for the longest time, and even still at lunch time people call the tater tots, "tots". I give it a thumbs up.

Dec 26, 2004 at 6:39 AM Post #22 of 24
I liked the movie. I saw it with three of my friends, and they all hated it. It was a beautiful portrayal of just how much high school sucks. It's overdone in a way that reminds me of Dilbert - the specifics are outlandish, but some people can really relate to the themes.

Feb 9, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #23 of 24
I remember when it first came out in the movie theaters. Nobody really heard of it because it was in limited select theaters.

However, I remember a restaurant employee working near one of those art house theaters that played the movie raving about it. He was one of the earliest fans before it exploded in popularity after it was released on DVD.

This was of course back in the early 2000s before era of streaming on Netflix and before the days of YouTube.

I believe Napoleon Dynamite is an important film because it has some influence on other films/shows/series.

Feb 10, 2022 at 12:03 AM Post #24 of 24
The movie is amazing. I'd watch it all the time, if I wasn't already training to be a cage fighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back