nano 6g impression
Sep 26, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #31 of 129
I like the new nano. It's the perfect size. The clip is long overdue. The 6G nano is the only iPod nano worth owning since the 3G. 

The sound quality has improved dramatically. Especially now that Apple has, almost a decade late, decided to put working EQs into their iDevices. 

I'm really glad they got rid of all of the gimmicks of the previous generation (as well as the horrible stick design) and decided to focus on making it a top notch music player. 

However, at $149 and $179, it's hard to say its worth it when the iPod touch is $229 and offers 100x more. I have an iPhone 4 and iPad. I don't know if I'll be keeping this nano. As much as I like it, as others have said, the battery life either seems to be well short of the stated specs or defective. 

Oct 1, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #32 of 129
I just received my 16GB Nano from Amazon.  So far it does posses the typical Apple A+ user interface and those worried that it is too small for fat fingers, or non-intuitive, needn't worry.  Cosmetically, it looks very nice in graphite and the clip appears to be very strong, much stronger than my old shuffle, so I'm not too worried about it coming off during a run.  I'm not going to go into more detail about the sound until I have a little more time to live with it and have time to A/B it with my other players, but nothing jumps out as lacking and nothing jumps out as phenomenal either.  However, it is the only device I have that doesn't hiss slightly with the IE8 attached and no music playing.

My only grip so far is that, at this price, it really should come with at least a 32GB option which would make it ideal for me since I wouldn't have to pick and choose what I put on it out of the bands I currently listen to, but I can't really knock it for that since I ordered it knowing the price and limitations.

Oct 3, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #33 of 129
Well after reading this I guess that's a +1 for the touch over the nano.
smily_headphones1.gif

I have the 4G now and I love it; great sound quality when the EQ is off; matches wonderfully with the Shures.

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #34 of 129

I like the new nano. It's the perfect size. The clip is long overdue. The 6G nano is the only iPod nano worth owning since the 3G. 

The sound quality has improved dramatically. Especially now that Apple has, almost a decade late, decided to put working EQs into their iDevices. 

I'm really glad they got rid of all of the gimmicks of the previous generation (as well as the horrible stick design) and decided to focus on making it a top notch music player. 

However, at $149 and $179, it's hard to say its worth it when the iPod touch is $229 and offers 100x more. I have an iPhone 4 and iPad. I don't know if I'll be keeping this nano. As much as I like it, as others have said, the battery life either seems to be well short of the stated specs or defective. 

If you end up selling it, please consider me a a potential purchaser.

Oct 4, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #36 of 129
Have you come across the chance of comparing the 2010 Touch with the latest iPhones (3GS and 4) ?

It would be interesting to know if the Touch audio section holds when compared with iPhones since screen cameras and other stuff is a bit worse.

Oct 4, 2010 at 7:13 AM Post #38 of 129
Well i have the iPhone 3GS and i'm trying not to jump on the Touch till it hits the long awaited 128Gb mark but if somebody here ranks it headphone out in the 3GS class i would have a hard time holding back.

Oct 6, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #39 of 129
I think it sounds really good... I'm not an expert but there's nothing about its EQ that makes me go "meh". You can have it flat or on any of 22 EQ settings.

The user interface is really nice and it feels like a premium product... itunes is a pain in the arse, but I'm not going to be using it much.

It isn't worth the money - not compared to Sansas and Sonys, Samsungs and cheaper Cowons - but it is a nice player.

Oct 17, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #41 of 129
I really like my 6th gen nano. It sounds fine via a LOD to an amp, and it's super portable. Is it the best sounding DAP out there? Likely not, but it's likely the most convenient one with it's clip and surprisingly usable interface given how small the screen is.

Oct 17, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #42 of 129
Yeah, I really must say, anybody who thinks that screen might be too small for a touch-screen interface will be surprised when they try it. Apple did a great job with that. And I love having 15 gigs worth of 256K rips- that's quite a lot of music- that slips easily into a small earphone pouch. 

Oct 18, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #44 of 129
I love mine...often when I get a new player I can get bored with it quickly, but not with the nano; it has such a nice interface and is easy to operate - it also sounds pretty good.

Oct 20, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #45 of 129

Quote:
I can't afford this version, so I got the new shuffle and it is great. If they share a similar sound, or if the Nano is better, then it is a good sounding device for sure. But the tactile buttons are a real boon for the shuffle.

Thanks for the comment, that's good to hear. I've been wondering if I should choose the classic over the nano, just to preserve sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back