Name Your Top 10 Sci-Fi TV Series
Mar 24, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #17 of 27
Welcome to my first ever post!

Star Trek TNG
Battlestar Galactica (Re-Imagined Series (so sad it's over!))
Firefly
Lost
Futurama
Fringe
Bill Nye The Science Guy (for it's combination of science and fictional sketches)
Mork and Mindy

Mar 24, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #18 of 27
As far as Battlestar Galactica goes, I wish more people would give the show a chance. It is such a great series, but most people can't get past that name. I admit, it's an incredibly nerdy and stereotypical name, and if it were called something else, I imagine that more people might watch it. But I encourage everyone I know to watch most of all because it is a shining example of Sci Fi done well in a modern, deep, and moving approach, and might open people up to being more receptive of Sci Fi in general.

Mar 24, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #19 of 27
#1 is Firefly, BSG had the luxury of being completed in good time, so it gets demoted to #2. Science fiction is always looking to what could be, could have been, to the future, and so Firefly being cut short always makes me wonder about the rest, what would they have been like?

Otherwise my scifi experience is nil, though I suppose lost counts somewhat in that area...

Mar 24, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skibumef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as Battlestar Galactica goes, I wish more people would give the show a chance. It is such a great series, but most people can't get past that name. I admit, it's an incredibly nerdy and stereotypical name, and if it were called something else, I imagine that more people might watch it. But I encourage everyone I know to watch most of all because it is a shining example of Sci Fi done well in a modern, deep, and moving approach, and might open people up to being more receptive of Sci Fi in general.

I've just finished the new BSG watched every episode and the spin off razor. Overall I don't rate it that highly..just too slow.

I found why Adama went for the mission in the finale a bit laughable.

Mar 25, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #21 of 27
1. Farscape
2. Farscape
3. Farscape
4. Farscape
5. Farscape
6. Farscape
7. Farscape
8. Farscape
9. Farscape
10. Firefly

Both deserved at least one more season.

Mar 25, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #23 of 27
INPO:

Firefly
Fringe
LOST
X-Files
Twin Peaks
(kind of sci-fi in a surreal sort of way)
Starlost
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Dollhouse
Angel
Red Dwarf

Mar 25, 2009 at 9:58 AM Post #24 of 27
X-Files
X-Files
X-Files
X-Files
X-Files
X-Files
X-Files
X-Files
X-Files
& Futurama (if it counts)

Mar 25, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X-Files
X-Files
X-Files
X-Files
X-Files
X-Files
X-Files
X-Files
X-Files
& Futurama (if it counts)

X-Files got pants, past Season 5 I think.

Mar 25, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skibumef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to my first ever post!

Welcome and sorry about your wallet!

Personally I haven't watched much sci-fi, however...

1. BSG
2. X-files
3. Futurama
umm..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back