Name your Fav. Cans???
Mar 7, 2004 at 4:58 PM Post #33 of 47
Sony MDR-7506/MDR-V6 Sony MDR-CD3000

*Note: Both headphones are for entirely different purposes, therfor I can not rate one higher then the other, overall. I do not find either headphone to be 'ideal' for me, but ideal for the applications I use them for.(CD3000- exciting(keeps me alert), fun, listening while driving, MDR-7506- monitoring).

-Chris

Mar 7, 2004 at 5:04 PM Post #34 of 47
You are not supposed to wear your cans while driving
wink.gif

Mar 7, 2004 at 5:17 PM Post #35 of 47
Quote:

You are not supposed to wear your cans while driving

Yes, I know(according to the law). BTW, I don't wear them in the city, only on the highway(since I have to drive 50-60 minutes total roundtrip every day to town). I have yet to hear a car stereo system that satisfies me, even SQ comp level.

-Chris

Mar 7, 2004 at 5:52 PM Post #36 of 47
Favorite cans:

Etymotic Research ER-4S (single piece) - production and mixdown, travel and home listening.
Sony MDR-V6 - DJiing, studio monitoring, production, portable rig.

Mar 7, 2004 at 6:13 PM Post #37 of 47
Sony MDR 10. Very musical and I love its 3 Dness. Is that even a word?

Ety 4s. Like others have said, great detail and great phone to travel with. It hardly takes up anyroom in the bag and provides good isolation.

Mar 7, 2004 at 7:15 PM Post #38 of 47
k1000smile.gif
AKG K1000 driven by the MG Head OTL 32 overall better than my best headphone that I previously owned: the Stax Lambda Pro with the class A solid state amp.

HD-600 I own these and on most material they are to dull, but with a bright source or bright discs it works well.

Grado RS-1 Great sound, comfort by the marque de sade.

Mar 7, 2004 at 7:55 PM Post #39 of 47
Sennheiser HD650 - orchestral plush with authoritative bass

STAX SR-303 - clarity and separation

ATH-A900 - Grado sizzle without the Grado glare (no flames please)
biggrin.gif

BW

Mar 7, 2004 at 8:05 PM Post #40 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by ROSSOred
Hey simple question....name ur fav. headphones?? Singular or plural! And a reason aswell.....i'm lookin to start a collection you see!!

If I where to name my headphones it would be Mary Anne or Jennifer. But, naming your headphones is silly even if you like them as much as I like my Sony V6's.

Mar 7, 2004 at 9:58 PM Post #41 of 47
AKG K240S - On my rig, these are just SO enjoyable to listen to ALL types of music with. Really involving. Refinement where it's needed, impact where it's needed, detail everywhere without any hint of harshness. Staging and imaging that give you intimacy with the music with a comfortable sense of space.

Mar 7, 2004 at 10:18 PM Post #42 of 47
ER-4S....

1. Detail
2. Clarity
3. Resolution
4. Portability
5. Isolation

The above are NOT in any particular order...
No, really! I swear! They are NOT! Hehe.
biggrin.gif

Scott

Mar 7, 2004 at 11:07 PM Post #43 of 47
I have about 70 or more econo head, neck, ear phones and ear clips. I think it's my time to give back my view and insightful info on sub $100 level. After all 3 months of Head-fi resulted in buying Perreaux amp, and 3 more head gears recently.

1) Senn PX200- ultimate portability, low-budget, fun (Honda Civic)
2) Grado SR80 - excellent speed and separation with detail (Subaru Impreza WRX)
3) Senn HD497- Silky and warm sound yet super comfortable, little bigger (VW passat)
4) Sony MDRJ10- $10 wonder which just beat my new $40+ ipod earphones except for the cool casing ipod came with (Chrysler Voyager)
5) Sony MDRG73LP- genuine wired neckband give weightless feel, very all around imaging for variety of music (Jeep Wrangler)

By the way, I'm waiting for Shure E2 delievery($99). Soon I will check that out against my new Audio-technica ATH-EM7. So hold your horses, shure fans...

Mar 7, 2004 at 11:24 PM Post #44 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by whistler
If I where to name my headphones it would be Mary Anne or Jennifer. But, naming your headphones is silly even if you like them as much as I like my Sony V6's.

Ha Ha! funny arnt we?

Mar 7, 2004 at 11:33 PM Post #45 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by BigD
I have about 70 or more econo head, neck, ear phones and ear clips. I think it's my time to give back my view and insightful info on sub $100 level. After all 3 months of Head-fi resulted in buying Perreaux amp, and 3 more head gears recently.

1) Senn PX200- ultimate portability, low-budget, fun (Honda Civic)
2) Grado SR80 - excellent speed and separation with detail (Subaru Impreza WRX)
3) Senn HD497- Silky and warm sound yet super comfortable, little bigger (VW passat)
4) Sony MDRJ10- $10 wonder which just beat my new $40+ ipod earphones except for the cool casing ipod came with (Chrysler Voyager)
5) Sony MDRG73LP- genuine wired neckband give weightless feel, very all around imaging for variety of music (Jeep Wrangler)

By the way, I'm waiting for Shure E2 delievery($99). Soon I will check that out against my new Audio-technica ATH-EM7. So hold your horses, shure fans...

So what car would the Grado RS1 be comparable to on ur scale?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back