NAME THE BEST CONCERT YOU ATTENDED AND THE WORSE
Jul 19, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 26
Best: Toss up between Jerry Garcia Band Halloween 1992 and "Sam Bush, Edgar Meyer, Jerry Douglas" two years ago.

Worst: just about any live hip hop excepting Outkast and Tribe Called Quest.

Jul 19, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #3 of 26
The worst may have been Aerosmith at the Big A in Anaheim in 1977.
The best is hard after Zepplin 76 or 77, Talking Heads Sept 25,1979 in a movie theater in Santa Barbara(Arlington) and a host of other 70s shows from Jethro Tull/Queen/ Blue Oyster Cult/Kansas/Nugent/Chic Corea/Humble Pie/Yes/Genesis/Jeff Beck/Outlaw/Pretenders/.......................even Dave Brubeck

But, believe it or not maybe due to enjoying shows more when older I would have to say that my favorites would have to be one of the Silverbowl shows in Las Vegas of the Grateful Dead esp the May 1995 run-last ones with Jerry, or the Phish show-last prehiatus on October 7, 2000 at Shoreline Amphitheater or String Cheese Incident at the John A Ford amphitheater in 1999.

This is just tooo hard!

Jul 19, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #4 of 26
Best - Pink Floyd at the Big A in Anaheim in 1977.
Worst - Lynyrd Skynyrd at San Diego Sports Arena in 1976 or Aerosmith 1977 in the same venue (way too loud).

Jul 19, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #5 of 26
I don't know if it exactly qualifies as a concert, but one of my favorites was a trip to the Grand Ole Opry about two years ago. I bought the ticket online and had no idea where it was. Happily, the usher took me right up to the front row! Being able to catch Porfer Wagoner up close was a treat, and so were all of the other performances.

The worst was a classical concert I went to during undergrad. I had a bunch of friends in the student orchestra, so I went to see the premier of a new atonal piece written by an assistant professor. The piece itself was OK (something about cloudscapes or something), but it had a 16 measure rest for the orchestra before the official ending. The audience didn't know it and began to applaud during the rest. Then the orchestra stopped and took their bows.

This is when the composer flipped his poop because the piece hadn't actually been finished.

Jul 19, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #6 of 26
Best- prodigy live at a rave.
Worst -no particular comes to mind

Jul 19, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #7 of 26
Best - The Goats, Philadelphia, 1992
Worst - Liz Phair, Washington, DC, 2009

Jul 19, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #8 of 26
I have too many bests, they're all good for different reasons. What comes to mind initially is Foo Fighters at Molson Amphitheater a few years ago and again at the JLC in London (ON) last year. Also, Queens of the Stone Age were amazing both times I seen them. Tool blew me away on two separate occasions, and so did Dredg when they opened for Deftones...who were horrible (and drunk) and on my worst list...

Jul 19, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #12 of 26
Best: Peter Gabriel Secret World Tour

Worst: Diana Krall (2001 Look of Love Tour)

Jul 19, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #13 of 26
Best-Rage against the Machine Coachella Fes 2007
Worst- Flight 409 some crappy emo band that played at one of my friends birthday party.

Jul 19, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #14 of 26
Best: Pink Floyd at Yankee Stadium in 97' (I think that was the year)

Worst: The Mars Volta last year. Big fan and I left in the middle.

Jul 19, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Signal2Noise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Best: Peter Gabriel Secret World Tour

Worst: Diana Krall (2001 Look of Love Tour)

P Gabriel is a really good show. Did he have Sevara Nazarkhan as opening act?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back