Name one MIchael Jackson song that makes your headphones Sing and why?
Jun 26, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #2 of 21
Ill do the obvious, Man in the Mirror. Sounds awesome. Also love Bille Jean

Jun 26, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #3 of 21
Wow, it's already been a whole year? Time really flies.

My favorite of his songs is "Man in the Mirror", although, I have been meaning to replace all my mp3s of his songs with flacs.

Jun 26, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #6 of 21
The entire "Thriller" SACD is one of the best listens I have.

This was an album from when Big Music's system actually worked. Great talent, great material, great musicianship, great arrangements, great production values, and a great recording. It all came together and then they were kind enough to put it on SACD.

Jun 26, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #7 of 21
Don't Stop.. and Off The Wall are my picks.

Jun 26, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #9 of 21
you rock my world.. stranger in moscow... do you remember the time

Jun 26, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #10 of 21
This is not my favorite MJ song but "Human Nature" has a xylophone-like electronic ping that I pick up with my better cans.  I first heard it on the UM3X, then caught it on my Grados, my HD800 and my T1.  It has been there for decades but I didn't notice it until I invested in decent cans.

Jun 28, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #15 of 21
Already a year.  It was my then 8yr old son who ran up to tell me that Michael was dead.

I'm a big fan of his.  A really great artist.  I think his work with Quincy Jones produced not only great songs, but also great musical arrangements and excellent recording quality.  For me, 'Thriller' and 'Gotta be startin something' stand out among the upbeat tunes, while 'Human Nature' and 'Gone too soon' stand out for me among his ballads.  But there's so much from him that I can't really claim a favourite.  I've just listed ones that come to immediately to mind just now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back