Name my wife's new kitten
Jan 9, 2005 at 8:41 PM Post #31 of 50
Quote:

You had to say 'don't ask' didn't you - well now i've got to so SPILL!!!

you are right and i am "busted"
biggrin.gif

If i did not want to answer i should have left it out or some would not be able to sleep at night
tongue.gif

sooooooo........

I try to name my cats by personality traits or some striking,very noticeable feature and "lumpy" really IS a good looking beast in his way,all gray with white patches, it's just that ...well...he looks like an old sofa !

No matter what the time of day or what he has been into (and being a kitten still that means everything) and no matter how many times he grooms himself he reminds me of old furntiure that has been abused.Or "lumpy" where the cushion filling has been moved around over the years from use
icon10.gif

yeah,i know,shoulda remained silent
rolleyes.gif

Jan 9, 2005 at 8:44 PM Post #32 of 50
panda

Jan 9, 2005 at 8:59 PM Post #33 of 50
Sophie. She looks a like Sophia Loren-type of of high maintenance kitty.

Jan 9, 2005 at 9:07 PM Post #34 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
Trouble (yes he is.alway has been and always will be.All 19 pounds
eek.gif
)

We cat a cat put to sleep a couple months ago (she was very, very old) named Skitz and she lived up to that name every day for about 14 years. Once, she got so pi$$ed off at me that took a run and lept at me, hitting me at the knees. I swear she was trying to knock me over (I outweighed her by about 200 lbs. at the time). I always wondered what she had in mind for me if I had gone down...
eek.gif

Jan 9, 2005 at 9:26 PM Post #35 of 50
"Trouble" is solid jet black with long fur,a bushy tailand green glowing eyes .Looks more like "Satan Cat" than anything else
evil_smiley.gif

but when just a kitten he looked like someone scared him or he brushed up against an electrical socket ! What is now long hair was all spikey looking and he was a skinny little sh>t.

But this little fragile looking cat would tackle creatures three times his size and win ! (usually fatal to the opposition
eek.gif
)
In my mind no way should a "juvenile" of any creature beat the crap out of and adult creature with experience in self preservation (otherwise how'ed they become adult ?)
He even took a Bat down as it was flying by and if i did not see it happen would not beleive it possible .

But the very first week we got him we knew we were in for it and every time he entered the room me or another family member would say "here comes trouble" and it stuck
biggrin.gif

Walk in the door and he would literally run up one leg,across the shoulder,and down the other leg for no reason anyone ever figured out.

He's hungry ?

Well he just proceed to piss you off until you drop everything and feed him !

Wants outside ?

Tear up the blinds or curtains until you relent !

Back in ?

you know he is there because it sounds like someone is attempting to break in and they are not very good at "stealth".that or light construction
biggrin.gif

He wants to be coddled ? Walk on "Rick's" keyboard while working will usually get my attention.
If not he just sits on top of my monitor and gives me an evil look until i ask him what he wants (and yes,he does and always has talked to me,a simple "mowl" usually does it)
evil_smiley.gif

there is NO ignoring this cat.He will not have it !
Plus as big as he is even a blind person would know he is there just by the amount of "air" he moves in his wake .

The strange part is.a more loving cat you will never find and to this day he MUST visit anyone new that comes to the house .
After this "19 lb package" jumps in their lap and the initial fear is over he hangs out and rubs until HE is ready to go somewhere else.If you push him off he is large enough to just barge right back onto your lap and one you get "the look" you resign yourself to having a cat on your lap
evil_smiley.gif

To this day not one single human has been scratched by this cat and that is a good thing because if he ever got really pissed at someone i would be afraid , very afraid
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 9, 2005 at 9:29 PM Post #36 of 50
Quote:

I personally prefer Sophie. It's a much prettier name, IMO.
And 'Lola' reminds me too much of that Barry Manilow song.

Ditto. Except it reminds me of the Kink's song.

Jan 9, 2005 at 9:30 PM Post #37 of 50
BTW-I don't want to give the impression i am one of those "cat people" because i have four cats (
eek.gif
) but my "kittens" threads were i think in the old "inane" forum where i explained how our cat had a litter that did not make it through the night,the second litter was successful but the MOTHER CAT died before they were weaned and after nursing them through kittenhood i,against all better judgement,could not bring myself to part with the three .
rolleyes.gif

Jan 9, 2005 at 9:50 PM Post #38 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by screwdriver
lola sounds like a hooker or a pimp.

id say name it Sophie.

not to hijack but, cats ARE hookers. shameless ones.

Jan 9, 2005 at 10:03 PM Post #40 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
BTW-I don't want to give the impression i am one of those "cat people" because i have four cats (
eek.gif
) but my "kittens" threads were i think in the old "inane" forum where i explained how our cat had a litter that did not make it through the night,the second litter was successful but the MOTHER CAT died before they were weaned and after nursing them through kittenhood i,against all better judgement,could not bring myself to part with the three .
rolleyes.gif

Cats are cool!
cool.gif
Don't get me wrong - i like dogs too but cats just have more 'tude/personality
biggrin.gif

Jan 10, 2005 at 12:42 AM Post #41 of 50
"Hairball"
"Eau de Paris"
"Couch Shredder"
"End of Black Clothing in this House"

Nothing person, but I hate cats. My mother has 14. They've ruined a $400,000 home. It will basically need to be torn down and rebuilt if it's ever to be rid of the stink of cat wiz - that most fragrant of odors.

Jan 10, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #42 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic
But maybe she was adopted....
biggrin.gif

Amicalement, you're just too much !
600smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zon
not to hijack but, cats ARE hookers. shameless ones.

Agreed, here's my skinny male version:

caca.jpg

Jan 12, 2005 at 10:29 PM Post #45 of 50
Well, she was leaning towards Sophie and I think you all pushed her over the edge. Sophie it is! Thanks to all for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back