Naked HD650's -- HOLY SHEEAT!
Nov 23, 2005 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

xaipemw

100+ Head-Fier
After reading a few threads about modding HD650's by taking out the foam that covers the driver housing, I decided to try it myself. I can't believe I didn't do this earlier... it really does make a difference. The highs are so much clearer now, it's amazing to realize that a piece of foam alters sound so much. I'm a Believer now!! Amen!
600smile.gif

Nov 23, 2005 at 10:51 PM Post #4 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veniogenesis
Maybe I should do this sometime too. I love clear highs and have therefore been preferring my SA5K. Hmmm, I'm afraid I'm going to mess something up.
biggrin.gif
Shouldn't be too hard I guess. Bahhh.

the way you get clear, brilliant highs with the Sennheisers is to use good, strong amplification.

Nov 23, 2005 at 10:52 PM Post #5 of 44
I just got my 580... and now you want me to rip the foam out?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm kind of enjoying the separation and all.... Its a very distant and out of my head sound.

Garrett

Nov 23, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #7 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
the way you get clear, brilliant highs with the Sennheisers is to use good, strong amplification.

Yeah, that is what I've heard. Bah, my wallet doesn't even exist anymore.
biggrin.gif

[size=xx-small]I'm getting a dedicated amp soon, but it's not all that exceptional by any means. *sigh*

I should have kept my SR-71....[/size]

Nov 23, 2005 at 11:58 PM Post #11 of 44
im using my 650 this way too, i had 325i for about a week to compare and i honestly prefer the 650 for every genre of music.

on that note the 650 power handling is light years ahead of the grados, the senns will go as low as the recording can take them and there is not a hint of distortion. the 325i throw in the towel at half the volume.

Nov 24, 2005 at 12:12 AM Post #14 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks

A digital equalizer can help as well
wink.gif

Unfortunately, either an amp or equalizer is more expensive then taking out foam
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back