NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?
Oct 26, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #154 of 3,345
Pretty good sound quality, solid build quality. It has a decently "big" sound, I guess that's what RoomFeel is supposed to be.

Not much bass extension, maybe iPad is not powerful enough source by itself.

But big comfort issue - the earpads are too shallow so my ears are pressed against the drivers and the headband hurts the top of my head.

Oct 30, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #155 of 3,345
HP50 or P7?  Am looking for another set of closed cans to complement my M-100's.  Am also considering the Fostex TH600.  Am driving them with V-Moda VERZA and playing back ALAC JPOP music on a iPod Nano (6th gen) for now.  Am also considering an AK100 MK2 or a iPod Classic in the future (had an iPod Touch but it disappeared).

This head-fi thing is really bad.  I keep spending money that I don't have.  
atsmile.gif

Oct 31, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #156 of 3,345
  HP50 or P7?  Am looking for another set of closed cans to complement my M-100's.  Am also considering the Fostex TH600.  Am driving them with V-Moda VERZA and playing back ALAC JPOP music on a iPod Nano (6th gen) for now.  Am also considering an AK100 MK2 or a iPod Classic in the future (had an iPod Touch but it disappeared).

This head-fi thing is really bad.  I keep spending money that I don't have.  
atsmile.gif

You may also want to check out the Alpha Dog.  Not basshead, but spectacular.  Resolution is light years ahead of the HP50 and probably the P7.

Oct 31, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #159 of 3,345
Good thing the Alpha Dogs are out of stock and need a 6 week lead time.  
tongue_smile.gif

I'd be really scared if they were available right away.  

That being said I almost pulled the trigger on a set of red HP50's on amazon.

Nov 1, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #160 of 3,345
Nov 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #163 of 3,345
  Thanks for the InnerFidelity link! These are getting way too little attention IMO compared to the momentum M500 and P7, hopefully more people will check out them and like them. :D

Yep...now I want them for comparisons to the other portable headphones I've done over the past few months. Geez...thanks Tyll, just when I thought I was done. 
confused.gif

Nov 2, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #164 of 3,345
  Yep...now I want them for comparisons to the other portable headphones I've done over the past few months. Geez...thanks Tyll, just when I thought I was done. 
confused.gif

Geez... thank MacHero, just when I thought I was going to get a reprieve from you and your comparison torture thread lol! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back