NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?
Mar 3, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #2,763 of 3,345
But the DT770 is also a "V Shaped" headphone. So the bass *and* the treble are very boosted. This is a TOTALLY different sound signature than the HP50, which is on the warmer side of neutral.

Brian.

Mar 3, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #2,764 of 3,345
  bass quantity vs dt770 pro and vibro mk ii?

If bass quantity is a primary concern, these aren't the headphones for you, IMO.

Mar 3, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #2,765 of 3,345
Bass quantity is decent. They'll bump better than any open headphones I've ever heard. Better than my Senn 650s, Beyer 880s, or Alessandro MS1, but they aren't super thumpers. They'll hit hard when the song calls for it but won't push up bass that the artist didn't intend.

On the other hand, Bass quality is phenomenal. Texture, control, tone, it's all there. In any given tune you'll be able to tell exactly what instrument (or synthetic) is making that 80hz tone. It's not boomy, it's classy. It's under control. It's doing a professional job. It even tames and classes up pop dance and electronica with out-of-control bass lines.

The mid-bass is even better. Listening to classic rock with good Bass guitar lines is one of the highlights of the HP50s in my opinion. I can't tell you how good Pink Floyd sounds in these things, you simply have to hear it.

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #2,767 of 3,345
  Are there any quality issues in term of build quality (cracking issues etc) ?
These are not among the "famous" ones :p and i would like to keep them for a long time.

I don't think there are any structural issues to worry about, but these are not exceptionally-built headphones. They're not incredibly robust and the pleather headband could wear away over time. Out of all the current sealed headphones in my signature, the HP50 has the least inspiring build quality by a fair margin. However, it was also the least expensive headphone, and I'm 0% worried about it. It's just not "ZOMG this thing is a tank!"

Mar 4, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #2,769 of 3,345
I'm trying to decide between these or the V-Moda M100. I currently have the Crossfade LP's but I'm looking to upgrade. Any advice or suggestions?

What would you rather have, wonderfully slammin' bass or wonderfully even tone? If you're after bass, the M100s are king. If you're after evenness, the HP50s are king.

Mar 4, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #2,771 of 3,345
If going for the M100s I would suggest the Crossfade Wireless. It has mostly the same bass presence but with a bit better mids (somewhat more refined). You even get the convdnience of BT 4.0 wireless connection.

Mar 6, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #2,773 of 3,345
DT770 have also great soundstage but are more difficult to drive than HP50 and an amplifier is more than recommended..
HP50 is a more versatile headphone with very natural soundstage IMHO. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back