[n00b] E6, Koss PRO DJ100, and regular headphones
Jul 11, 2012 at 10:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

LavenderTown

New Head-Fier
Hey there, I'm kinda new here and I'm pretty new to this whole hi-fi thing too.

Right now, all I have are the stock iBuds, and these (Sony MDR ZX300). I'm trying to get into this whole hi-fi thing, and it was a suggestion that I buy the Koss PRO DJ100's, and a FiiO E6.

Of course, I'm eager to get started, and I was told that maybe I should do a bit more research on buying headphones. I was told that regardless, the E6 would be a good start for a newbie like me.
I'm aware that some headphones/earphones sound WORSE with an amp, so I was wondering, if I used the E6 on my Sony headphones, would that make a difference in the sound quality? If so, would it be a good difference or a bad difference? (Would the E6 enhance or worsen the sound coming out of the Sony headphones?) I also know that I'll need a LOD in order to listen out of my iPod (which I'll have to purchase seperately).

I just wanted to get started immediately and I wanted to know if I should just go ahead with purchasing the PRO DJ100's+E6 right now, or if I'll be able to get a noticeable difference out of just the E6 and my old headphones alone (purchasing E6 now and researching before getting new headphones).

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Jul 14, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #2 of 2
You will notice a difference using E6 with your Sony headphones. Most will be positive.

Firstly you'll gain more volume, your headphones will become much easier to drive going louder than before. Another thing is the bass will firm up and become slightly more prominent you'll also notice treble becomes a little brighter. The overall sound will become more lively, everything tends to jump out more. Part of this is because you're listening at higher volume without your headphones labouring for power. Try with your Sony headphones and tell us what differences you noticed.

I have owned Koss DJ100 and they will be absolutely fine running through an E6. Same rules apply as above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back