N.W. Indiana (Chicago area) Meet Anyone?
Sep 8, 2006 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Absorbine_Sr

Can Jam '10 Organizer
Well, over the course of the summer several meets have been discussed - Wisconsin, Michigan, Central Illinois - but none have so far materialized. So I'm getting pro-active and proposing a meet in North West Indiana. I have at least a proposed location and would like to schedule it for sometime in October. We're about 45 min. to 1 hour from the Chicago Metro area, and accessible from Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin (if ya wanna drive a bit) etc. Parking (free) would be plentiful if my location choice pans out, and there would probably be a small fee to help pay for the hall. Because of things already scheduled, this would have to take place on a Sunday, with a timeframe of 2:00 PM till say 7:00 PM.

Before I commit to the hall, how about an interest check? If enough interest is there, I'll book a date next week - let me know which Sunday in October seems best for each of you. I'll be viewing the room next week as well, but it is normally rented out for weddings and such so size should be ok. Electrical supply will be my biggest concern.

Let me know what you think.

A_Sr.

Jun 15, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #7 of 15
You could put me down as a possibility. I wouldn't mind hearing the Zana Duex again
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Well, that depends a lot on when it takes place actually. October, I would almost certainly not be there... chances are I will be living in Texas then. If it were a July or August meet, my chances of attending would be much greater, though still entirely dependent on if I have moved by then or not.

Jun 15, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I look to try and set this up it will probably be in September. July and August are going to be work nightmares, so I'll start inquiring about a date after that. If things work out I'll post a new thread with the date etc.

A_Sr.

A fall or winter mini-meet would be great. I should have my new source by then, which at this point, I'm thinking will be a Marantz SA8001.

Jun 17, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #11 of 15
Since Absorbine drove all the way from NW Indiana to north of Milwaukee just to give some of us a taste of his Zana Deux, I think it's only fair that some of us go to his neck of the woods. I am almost certainly in for any Sunday in October, the only caveat being the wife's work schedule.

Sep 17, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #12 of 15
I just found the thread. Did anything happen from this?

I am going to school in Terre Haute at the moment and would definitly be willing to drive a few hours for a meet of any size. I can't bring much (0404 usb, HD595, HD650, and maby gilmore lite.... yea, not too interesting), but would kill to hear some other setups [I really can't afford to spend the thousands to try it all out myself, at least at the moment
smily_headphones1.gif
]

Sep 17, 2007 at 11:49 AM Post #14 of 15
Yeah, unfortunately real life in the guise of work, family issues etc. intervened and so I never really got rolling with this. And with Billy's Chicago meet coming in November you may want to try and get up here for it. And who knows, late winter may bring the need for a gathering so NW Indiana might be a good one for that timeframe.

A_Sr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back