Mytek Stereo 192 DSD DAC/Preamp/Amplifier Thread
Jul 23, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #106 of 351
the difference is night and day betweem the mytek and digital link 3

the dl3 has a full bass warm midrange slightly harsh high but rolled off (weird huh)

the mytek is very transparent neutral and has great detail and soundstage, its way better. just gotta let it burn in and get used to the new sound. the bass on everything is so tight and clean its way different.

Jul 23, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #107 of 351
Quote:
the difference is night and day betweem the mytek and digital link 3

the dl3 has a full bass warm midrange slightly harsh high but rolled off (weird huh)

the mytek is very transparent neutral and has great detail and soundstage, its way better. just gotta let it burn in and get used to the new sound. the bass on everything is so tight and clean its way different.

I saw the pic you put up of it in your car. Di it come in the post while you were out? that has happened to me so many times. You gonna post more pics?

Jul 23, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #108 of 351
yeah once i get a longer usb cable so it can sit on my rack with the other woo amps

right now its under my pc monitors and its kinda messy, though i might move my setup around a bit, i like its pre amp option

Jul 23, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #109 of 351
Quote:
yeah once i get a longer usb cable so it can sit on my rack with the other woo amps

right now its under my pc monitors and its kinda messy, though i might move my setup around a bit, i like its pre amp option

what is the pre amp option like through the WA2? did you buy the mytek instore or online?

Jul 23, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #110 of 351
i was talking about myteks preamp. so i can adjust volume right there

umm i bought in store

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #111 of 351
Congrats DG!
beerchug.gif

When I replaced the DACmini with the Mytek it was, for me, a huge difference in sound. And you are right, the treble may be a bit bright but the detail retrieval is excellent.

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #112 of 351
how long did burn in take? or is the treble kinda gonna stay there. i think what i noticed is that it is so transparent and revealing its absolutely merciless on bad recordings but good recordings sound amazing

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #113 of 351
Quote:
how long did burn in take? or is the treble kinda gonna stay there. i think what i noticed is that it is so transparent and revealing its absolutely merciless on bad recordings but good recordings sound amazing

You should definitely try some DSD records (PM me for more info). I don't believe in burn in but some of the folks have said 500 hours (!) at the computeraudiphile massive Mytek thread.

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #114 of 351
oh i tried a few dsds last night. ill have to try some more today only listened an hour or so yesterday

Jul 23, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #115 of 351
Quote:

http://www.audiosense.nl/pdf/Mytek%20DSD%20TAS.pdf

"Mytek sent me two Stereo192-DSD-DACs, a black standard as well as a mastering version. For the review I used the standard version. I did listen to the mastering version near the end of the 
review period, primarily to see if the 400-plus hours of playing time I had put on the standard version had any effect on the sound compared to a brand-new unit with no playing time. There 
was a profound difference. The unused mastering version had a midrange glare and harder edge that was not present in the broken-in sample. Anyone evaluating a Mytek Stereo192-DSDDAC that has not been thoroughly broken-in hasn’t really heard how a Mytek Stereo192-DSD-DAC can sound. I recommend at least 200 hours with an active signal"

Jul 23, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #116 of 351
Curious, has anyone had a problem with USB/Firewire "galvanic noise" from a desktop PC to this DAC?  The Computer Audiophile folks suggested an optical-->usb isolation using the Adnaco S3B, but it costs $350.  

I'm using optical S/PDIF at this time, but can't pipe any DSD over to the DAC.      

Jul 24, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #117 of 351
burning in. they no longer are harsh with HD 800, though they still are fatiguing. however, its improving. i can tell this DAC is gonna be amazing if it keeps burning in like this! i've only had it playing for like 20 hours.

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #118 of 351
Quote:
burning in. they no longer are harsh with HD 800, though they still are fatiguing. however, its improving. i can tell this DAC is gonna be amazing if it keeps burning in like this! i've only had it playing for like 20 hours.

Based on my experience, I took about 500 hours before the hardness in the sound goes away.

Also do take note of this, depending on your set-up, you might wanna lower the default output volume on the mytek.

The output volume is almost twice that on my EE Minimax Dac.

You might wanna read up on it here:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/mytek-stereo-192-a-5555/index69.html

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #119 of 351
yeah has alot of output on my woos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back