Mytek Brooklyn Thread
Mar 2, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #421 of 810
I made a little video about the mighty Brooklyn DAC+ :)

Thanks for the short review. I was also using the mojo before i got the broklyn+ its exactly as you said regarding sound quality comparison, now i use it with sbooster mk2 power supply, cardas double usb cable and ifi ipurifier 3 and the sound has been taken to another level

Mar 2, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #422 of 810
Thanks for the short review. I was also using the mojo before i got the broklyn+ its exactly as you said regarding sound quality comparison, now i use it with sbooster mk2 power supply, cardas double usb cable and ifi ipurifier 3 and the sound has been taken to another level
Is it as good as the CHORD DAVE with or without Mscaler?

Mar 2, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #424 of 810

Yep! I'm really happy to hear you're running such an awesome setup!

Thanks for the review. How do think the Dac+ performs as a preamp? I wavering between the Brooklyn Bridge with Brooklyn amp, and the Chord Qutest and Croft pre/power amplification, so any input would be great.

Thanks

I think it is quite amazing even as a preamp!

Used as a DAC in the setup, DAC+ is one of the cleanest, yet most detailed and clear setups I've heard. Very detailed, yet very organic and clean. Redefines what most people consider true about DACs for sure. Also, quite neutral :)

I heard extremely good things about the Brooklyn AMP as well, so you'd be set with a fully working setup of fine quality with that :)

Mar 5, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #426 of 810
I'm burning in the Brooklyn Bridge but it already sounds very promising. Is it worth it to get the adaptor to run a pair of HD58X balanced?

Almost ready to order one also. Will be using it as a headphone amp for Tidal MQA which now I can only unfold through software. Did it take long for you to get yours... I can not tell how fast they are shipping from the web page, last time I checked they say "pre-order"

Mar 5, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #427 of 810
Almost ready to order one also. Will be using it as a headphone amp for Tidal MQA which now I can only unfold through software. Did it take long for you to get yours... I can not tell how fast they are shipping from the web page, last time I checked they say "pre-order"

Don't order from their web store. Your local dealer (or any Mytek dealer) will save you at least 10%. I am not a dealer and I am not affiliated with one, just telling from my own experience.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #428 of 810

My dealer told me I got the first one in Denmark. I had it for a couple of days and returned it briefly while I tried another setup he had. Now I have the same unit back and it's not going anywhere. I have two toddlers and the low boxcount and versatility is super important. I'm waiting on a Schiit Vidar to power my speakers.

I don't think it will be quite as resolving as the system I almost chose (Qutest, Croft pre/power, Zen Mini) but the functionality and versatility is through the roof. I'm very happy. Now it's time to maybe upgrade to a balanced adapter and, definitely, a power supply...

Mar 5, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #429 of 810
Which power supply are you looking at?

Mar 5, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #430 of 810
I have both the balanced adapter and the Sbooster MK. II and both offer significant improvements. The balanced adapter definitely widens the soundstage and, at least for me, makes things a tad more detailed. The Sbooster was a more readily noticeable improvement even with no burn in.

My dealer told me I got the first one in Denmark. I had it for a couple of days and returned it briefly while I tried another setup he had. Now I have the same unit back and it's not going anywhere. I have two toddlers and the low boxcount and versatility is super important. I'm waiting on a Schiit Vidar to power my speakers.

I don't think it will be quite as resolving as the system I almost chose (Qutest, Croft pre/power, Zen Mini) but the functionality and versatility is through the roof. I'm very happy. Now it's time to maybe upgrade to a balanced adapter and, definitely, a power supply...

Mar 5, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #431 of 810
Thanks
The Mytek website even indicates that an external supply will improve things

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #433 of 810
Mar 9, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #434 of 810
The Brooklyn Bridge and Schiit Vidar is burning in. They look cool next to each other. The Bridge has gotten much better in the last couple of days: much smoother and more detailed.

What are the sonia benefits of going balanced out into a pair of mono blocks rather than single ended? Both in general and in particular to The Bridge?

Mar 10, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #435 of 810
The Brooklyn Bridge and Schiit Vidar is burning in. They look cool next to each other. The Bridge has gotten much better in the last couple of days: much smoother and more detailed.

What are the sonia benefits of going balanced out into a pair of mono blocks rather than single ended? Both in general and in particular to The Bridge?

As an OG Brooklyn owner, I'm definitely looking forward to hearing any impressions of the Brooklyn Bridge.

I personally haven't heard any difference between XLR and SE connections, but I'm only running 1M interconnects. I do like the solid click-lock connection made by XLR connectors versus RCA connectors. XLR are supposed to be much better over longer runs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back