Mytek Brooklyn Thread
Jul 19, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #211 of 818
have you checked the startup menu and disabled all unnecessary apps starting with windows? any other USB audio drivers installed? is the Brooklyn + connected to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port? have you tried disconnecting all USB device and connecting the Brooklyn + only? I am guessing you have tried some if not all of those suggestions, if not give them a try
I tried all the ports. Nothing changed in windows. Already started backing up and doing a fresh install so we’ll see if that fixes it and if it holds.

Jul 19, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #213 of 818
16/44.1 in windows with exclusive control

It just doesn’t work in tidal or foobar no matter if I fully reset the DAC or remove and install all the associated software.

Windows is almost done installing, I’m going to update windows and then try the DAC+ and Tidal on a clean slate.

Jul 19, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #215 of 818
best of luck
Well, a couple hours of backing up, installing windows, hours of letting it update itself, installing all the software per the instructions and it still doesn't work with MQA on Tidal or Foobar via asio or wasapi with local 352.8KHz MQA from 2L.no

This is some bull.

Submitted a support ticket. We'll see if I have a dud unit or if something weird is going on otherwise. USB 2.0 or 3.0 doesn't matter, resetting the DAC, fresh windows and all the playback software setup per the instructions and it just doesn't work properly. 44.1 or 48 KHz on the display with MQA Blue Dot all lit up, but that's the base sample rate of the file. Worked fine, and has been in and out all week, with software installs fixing it until yesterday when nothing worked and today when nuking the OS didn't work either. Oy.

Edit: tested another windows 10 Desktop PC and it does the same thing. Blue dot with the wrong sample rate. Hopefully it can be sorted out quickly by support. CDs and FLAC diet for now. Oh well. I’m listening to an old school hip Hop cd box set today for a change from my normal stuff. What a day. At least my freshly installed OS is snappy!

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #217 of 818
if it is a bad unit and still under warranty (which it should be) I would get it exchanged as soon as possible. and thankfully you do get the benefit of a cleaner running computer, just not the result you were looking for with the DAC.
I just got it, so it’s under warranty... Mytek is saying if the blue light is on, it’s working and just displaying the wrong rate. But I’m not so sure.

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #218 of 818
I just got it, so it’s under warranty... Mytek is saying if the blue light is on, it’s working and just displaying the wrong rate. But I’m not so sure.

Sounds like a cop out. A $2200 DAC should not have any defects at all. Mytek needs to fix their firmware ASAP or risk losing customers.

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #219 of 818
Sounds like a cop out. A $2200 DAC should not have any defects at all. Mytek needs to fix their firmware ASAP or risk losing customers.

That’s what I thought. Mentioned that I paid 2 grand in part for a functioning bit depth/sample rate screen display. We’ll see what they say to that and for troubleshooting and possible replacement should that fail in the coming week I assume.

I don’t want to jump to conclusions here because other people’s DAC+ are working properly.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #220 of 818
That’s what I thought. Mentioned that I paid 2 grand in part for a functioning bit depth/sample rate screen display. We’ll see what they say to that and for troubleshooting and possible replacement should that fail in the coming week I assume.

I don’t want to jump to conclusions here because other people’s DAC+ are working properly.

It sounds like your settings are the issue. How do you have your machine connected to the dac? What are your tidal settings?

Jul 20, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #221 of 818
It sounds like your settings are the issue. How do you have your machine connected to the dac? What are your tidal settings?

I know quite well how to set it to make it work under normal circumstances. It just won’t work at all anymore for showing the full MQA rate despite giving a Blue Dot MQA certified indicator that it is working.

MQA is set to on in the DAC settings, Tidal has Exclusive and Passthrough checked. It doesn’t work for local MQA files in foobar anymore. It used to. I reinstalled windows just to see if it was a fluke. Nope. Doesn’t work on another windows desktop as well to isolate that. Oh, also. Depending on luck, it will still pop and click sometimes with 24/192 FLAC content with the 1.22 firmware that supposedly fixes that. Uninstalling the software and reinstalling it does fix that. But not the MQA issue which was resolved that way in the last week or two.

This isn’t my first rodeo with tech products. If I’m doing something wrong by following the manufacturers instructions they should be able to figure it out. It seems my DAC+ has an issue, just maybe. Nothing any rational person would try is working. Resetting the DAC. Reinstalling windows and all software for both local and streamed MQA.

It’s about a month old. It’s better something happens now than after the warranty ends.

It looks like other people’s DACs are working fine. I’m not one to say they are all bad from an isolated case, but mine might be bad.

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #223 of 818
@vintinfinity Mytek obviously owes you a replacement DAC+ no doubt about it. The fact that it can't play MQA files in foobar is just more proof.

Support sent me a beta 1.22 rev 35 firmware this morning. It got MQA working in a manner of minutes. Hopefully it holds. Glad to have my DAC+ working fully again. I checked out the phono stage the other day again and it is quite nice as well.

Cheers!

Aug 4, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #224 of 818
I bought Brothers in Arms from Japan on the MQA Cd format, and while it sounds really good, and at 24/352.8 mind you, would anyone know why playing that cd from an oppo 205 into the Brooklyn, why the MQA light is Pink?

Aug 5, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #225 of 818
I bought Brothers in Arms from Japan on the MQA Cd format, and while it sounds really good, and at 24/352.8 mind you, would anyone know why playing that cd from an oppo 205 into the Brooklyn, why the MQA light is Pink?

Pink means the Oppo is doing the first MQA unfold. If you can set the Oppo to pass through an undecoded MQA signal, then you'll see blue (full decoding in the Mytek of an MQA release that was approved by the artist or label) or green (full decoding but with no sign-off by any owner). It would be interesting to learn if you can hear any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back