Mytek Announces Clef Mobile MQA DAC/Amp @ CES 2017
Feb 14, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #16 of 136
Nice. I have the Centrance Dacportable and am wondering how it would compare (not as a bluetooth product but as a dacamp combo). Unless I missed it, has anyone seen the official release date (past Q1/2 2017)? Once it is released it would be nice to see a shootout against the other more popular portables: Mojo, Oppo HA 2SE, Dacportable, etc...

Mar 20, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #17 of 136
Should be out in april. I'm waiting and will buy it as soon as possible. 
beerchug.gif

Sep 20, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #27 of 136
Not much info on the Clef lately but in a video a Mytek rep says they scrapped the previous bluetooth design after finding they could upgrade the tech. Explains why aptx-HD, LDAC, and noise cancellation are now in the online brochure. Good decision (imo); should match perfectly with Android 8's new bluetooth options. Not sure if the 9018 DAC chip was also updated.

I was also hoping they would add nav buttons as bluetooth seems pointless without a way to pause and skip songs. However, I found a post where the user stated the volume knob is multi-function where you press it in to navigate (would've been nice if Mytek mentioned this detail somewhere in the past 8 months). Keeps the design more streamlined but hope the knob/button combo works well.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #28 of 136
Not much info on the Clef lately but in a video a Mytek rep says they scrapped the previous bluetooth design after finding they could upgrade the tech. Explains why aptx-HD, LDAC, and noise cancellation are now in the online brochure. Good decision (imo); should match perfectly with Android 8's new bluetooth options. Not sure if the 9018 DAC chip was also updated.

I was also hoping they would add nav buttons as bluetooth seems pointless without a way to pause and skip songs. However, I found a post where the user stated the volume knob is multi-function where you press it in to navigate (would've been nice if Mytek mentioned this detail somewhere in the past 8 months). Keeps the design more streamlined but hope the knob/button combo works well.
I think I saw that video this summer as well. Hopefully this fall we can get more concrete details on the Clef and when it will be released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back