Mystery CD giveaway!
Oct 21, 2009 at 5:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

watchluvr4ever

500+ Head-Fier
It's been a while since I've done a giveaway and I would like to show my appreciation for my fellow Head-fi'ers. I am going to run a mystery CD giveaway for the next 24 hours and your post number will be your entry. At the conclusion I will draw a number using random.org and the closest number wins. This is only open to members with at least 50 posts and please post which musical artist(vocal or instrumental) inspires you and why. Thanks and good luck!
smily_headphones1.gif

Disclaimer: I can't guarantee you'll like the CD I pick but free is better than nothing, right?
wink.gif

Edit: I figured more people would be interested in getting some free music. The above disclaimer is not to imply that the CD I pick will be bad, just that everyone has different music tastes. Carry on!

Oct 21, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #2 of 20
Unkle(vocals) - I love the lyrics they write.they conjure up imagery really nicely, and there's multiple interpretations to all the songs I've heard. Enough so that I've written a short story based on one of there songs.

Oct 21, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #3 of 20
Imogen Heap.
Just a sweet girl, making it on her own. Gives me hope that maybe someday I will be something too.

(LOL post 49)
I'd love the cd, but im going to leave it at post 49 for shiz and giggles
popcorn.gif

eddddddddit: made my 50th post lol. what causes this?

MrGreen Out

Oct 21, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #4 of 20
John Frusciante

The guitarist for the red hot chili peppers. He came very close to death due to heroine abuse, but went to rehab, turned around his life, and came back to record some of the band's best music. He's also a kick ass guitarist in general and emphasizes feeling and emotional impact over technique in his playing.

edit:
also wanted to mention Tommy Emmanuel (acoustic fingerstyle guitarist). I doubt any other artist truly loves and enjoys music as much as this man. Absolutely incredible to see live

Oct 21, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #8 of 20
Francesco Durante - some of the most beautiful compositions I have ever heard.

Oct 21, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #11 of 20
Moxy Fruvous, not the most mainstream but "bargainville" has some great tunes.

Oct 21, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At the moment, Elliot Smith. Inspired by DavidMahler's thread. So much raw emotion in so simple and lo-fi a set. Brave on, Elliot.

Two Ts. Elliott

Oct 22, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #15 of 20
OK, we have a winner...Aslan123! Please PM me your shipping info.

Thanks for participating everyone!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back