Mystery Box.....
May 6, 2002 at 8:07 AM Post #16 of 83
I think the only way to make it practical is to leave out jewel boxed entirely, which will save on weight and bulk.

I also think we should stay focused on music only. Having to ship equipment as well as music will add to bulk. Shipping for a box will get quite expensive if you have to mail a big box, and securing the equipment inside the box will get tricky.

It will be more practical to have one box per country. I for one would not pay shipping to another continent of a large box full of CD's. How are you going to address duty questions?

May 8, 2002 at 6:18 AM Post #17 of 83
I would like to be included.
As far as jewel cases go, I think it would be nice to send them if you have them. Some CD's don't have much or any information on the disc it's self. Some kind of protection is needed for the disc. I use the bubble sleeves I cut from a CD wallet some times for transport.
Oh yea, the one country per box is a good idea also.

May 8, 2002 at 6:21 PM Post #20 of 83
Interesting idea ... I think I'd be in.

Per the jewel case, how about you put the CD, insert and back cover (flattened) into a ziploc bag. That way when you take a CD you put it into the empty jewel case from the CD you donated. It would keep the weight down (this could be pricey to ship).

May 8, 2002 at 9:50 PM Post #22 of 83
Good idea jbannow. Maybe the booklet and paper in the back could be included, and everyone can just put it together with their own jewel cases (from the ones they gave up).

Thanks for the recommendation millerdog. I looked around briefly, but the exchange rate seems pretty low unless it is a rare import or something. A good resource all the same though.

May 8, 2002 at 9:57 PM Post #23 of 83
Quote:

Originally posted by Clubkill
Good idea jbannow. Maybe the booklet and paper in the back could be included, and everyone can just put it together with their own jewel cases (from the ones they gave up).

That's exactly what I was trying to say.
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2002 at 10:53 PM Post #24 of 83
I'm game. I've got three or four that I don't ever listen to and I suspect that some of y'all's "trash" would be my "treasure".

May 9, 2002 at 7:47 AM Post #28 of 83
Maybe you could have different boxes for different genres?
That way, we could save some weight on the box.
Maybe, classical, rock and jazz? I think most music could be condensed that way.
Or perhaps multiple boxes that are just under the weight for usps priority mail.
just a thought,
md

May 9, 2002 at 1:44 PM Post #29 of 83
Say, I'd be happy to collect discs during the World of Headphones Tour.

May 9, 2002 at 1:52 PM Post #30 of 83
I'm in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back