Mystery Box Review
Oct 21, 2002 at 8:57 PM Post #91 of 102
I contributed 3 of the 5 you took
biggrin.gif

Can't wait till they get to me again!!!

Oct 21, 2002 at 9:39 PM Post #92 of 102
Ok guys, one thing: we have to decide what we want to do with the boxes. It seems as if both boxes have about 50 discs, and we have to decide whether to split the boxes(4 total), or simply get larger boxes. It's up to you. Personally, I think 4 boxes is a tad much. 3 max is what I'm thinking. LMK what your thoughts are one this.

mystery_box@myrealbox.com

Oct 23, 2002 at 9:39 AM Post #93 of 102
I have to agree that 4 boxes will be a bit much. We seem to have trouble keeping track of the 2 we have. I notice that this thread sat idle for almost a month 9/30 to 10/21. Where have the boxes been during that time?
Maybe 4 boxes would work on two different lists. Then when they are about to make a second trip down the list switch them out. Box 1 and 2 are on list A
Box 3 and 4 are on list B

When box 1 gets to the bottom of list A it goes to list B etc etc

This would require more time for the "keeper of the boxes".

Hopefully someone has a better idea.

Oct 23, 2002 at 12:53 PM Post #94 of 102
I would agree that three boxes is probably a good number. I also think that each person on the list needs to make a commitment to move the box along at a little quicker pace. It seems to me that those of us that were near the top of the list got the boxes relatively soon after we started but after lately the pace seems to have slowed. I don't think it is anything that requires monitoring but rather each member remembering to not sit on the box.

Oct 23, 2002 at 7:31 PM Post #95 of 102
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD
I have to agree that 4 boxes will be a bit much. We seem to have trouble keeping track of the 2 we have. I notice that this thread sat idle for almost a month 9/30 to 10/21. Where have the boxes been during that time?

Part of that was my fault as my job has kept me out of the office alot lately, we had someone drop off the list, and figuring out what to do about shipping to Canada. Hopefully Andrzejpw can keep the updates going a little better that I did of late.

Time-wize, I think it has actually done pretty good. With 16 list members, each box has made it through all but 2 members hands since we started in May, or about 3 people a month per box. If we can just keep the distribution spread out some, 4 boxes would mean you'd see a box about every 2 months (not enough to get board with it or broke from it.)

It would also be good if people would post to the list when they ship it and what they took out - I think this is especially important in getting more people to sign up, as they see that there is stuff they like in the boxes.

As to the number of boxes....
The only problem I see with limiting the number of boxes is that (at some point) we will need to limit the size of the box. I will be shipping Box 2 to Tyll and he told me the other day he has about 30+!!! to add to it (not that I am complaining
biggrin.gif
). That could easily put the box over 80! Thats a lot to look at in 3-4 days, even if you KNOW you don't want a bunch of it.

And if anybody is reading for the first time and wondering whats in the box, here is a taste (from memory- forgive the spelling):

Rush
Dokken
Salt n' Peppa
Merle Haggard
Celyn? Dion
OMC
Steely Dan
Bach
Petra
Dawn Sears
Too many more.....And any can be yours for a few CDs you don't want!(plus shipping) Sign up today!
cool.gif

Oct 25, 2002 at 9:56 PM Post #96 of 102
Box 2 is on its way to Tyll @ Headroom with 47CDs (I counted 3 times to be sure). Shipping was $8.50.

Looking forward to the next go round!

Oct 27, 2002 at 3:12 AM Post #97 of 102
My next bunch of trades have been sitting here collecting dust!
What do you guys think about starting a new thread starting off with the Update page explaining what it is we're doing.
md

Oct 27, 2002 at 6:39 AM Post #98 of 102
I know of at least three people that have not gotten box 2. That would be me and the guy before me and the guy behind me. Sbomm and millerdog if I remember correctly.
I agree about urging folks not to sit on the box for days on end.
Millerdog, get out the dust buster! mine are dusty too.

Oct 28, 2002 at 9:18 AM Post #99 of 102
lol...
I suggested a new thread so new guys can see what we are doing....I think that Mystery Box posts should be mandatory. It helps the thread and the box.
just my thoughts,
md

Oct 28, 2002 at 1:58 PM Post #100 of 102
I think that it would be a good idea for a person to post when the get a box and then again when it is on the way to the next person. Does not need to be a long winded disertation on the music they took unless theywant to. It would keep the focus on moving it along. A new thread might be a good idea. I have gotten some good CDs out of the box and so far it has worked great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back