Dec 31, 2006 at 4:27 PM Post #301 of 570
I'm considering this amp as my first amp,
Would it be suitable for my situation?

Portable : Meizu m6
Desk : Creative Audigy 2

HP:
Senn px100
JVC fx55
and the OVC t25 Canalphones coming soon ( V-moda vibes Clone?)

Just sent a message to Norman at coemaudio, He might have it for a good price , if not I'll try to get it at Jasmine for 90 dollars shipped...

Robert

Dec 31, 2006 at 5:28 PM Post #303 of 570
I think I used a AD8620AR. But it's the same thing, whether it's AR, ARZ, BR or BRZ. The "Z" marks the Pb-free version of the chip; the "A" marks the lower grade, the "B" the higher - but this makes zero difference for audio.

Jan 1, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #304 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I used a AD8620AR. But it's the same thing, whether it's AR, ARZ, BR or BRZ. The "Z" marks the Pb-free version of the chip; the "A" marks the lower grade, the "B" the higher - but this makes zero difference for audio.

How does the pcb hold up to desoldering? I have worked with some that the traces came right off, which is no fun.

Jan 1, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #305 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does the pcb hold up to desoldering? I have worked with some that the traces came right off, which is no fun.

In my case, perfectly (with the op-amp desoldered the pcb was like new). But you have to be precise and firm handed, because all's very tiny and close together...

Jan 2, 2007 at 12:28 PM Post #306 of 570
312gqki.jpg

Jan 2, 2007 at 1:41 PM Post #308 of 570
I don't know...and don't have a measuring tape handy. But it's small indeed! Hope you aren't asked to pay those taxes
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 2, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #310 of 570
My experiences with the Chinese ebay seller were very good: he replied to all my messages straight away and chatted to me over MSN about some questions I had, and the amp arrived much quicker than I expected. I doubt you would have any trouble with him.

Jan 2, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #311 of 570
I'm really looking forward to receiving mine...

I hope the value is under the tax threshold
wink.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 9:53 AM Post #312 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJoshua /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really looking forward to receiving mine...

I hope the value is under the tax threshold
wink.gif

Mine arrived today, and like you, I am from the UK. The seller very kindly marked the item as a 'sample' so as to avoid any import/customs taxes. Very thoughtful of him, most sellers refuse to help us out.

Now I just need to buy an adapter and I'll actually be able to use it!

Jan 3, 2007 at 10:19 AM Post #313 of 570
WRT : Charging the XTRA

From what I can see, any wallwart DC power supply with a plug with centre electrode positive would do. I am not sure about the required voltage (perhaps 9v @ 100ma ?) - perhaps an owner here could measure the DC output of their charging unit ? I have acquired a bin full of these monsters over the years and suspect many here will have also.

NOTE: Must be a DC supply - if in doubt - DON'T

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #315 of 570
Quote:

Originally Posted by pegasus21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a 15V 500mA rated adaptor. Centre positive.

Given that the battery is 7.2V, 9V would be too low to fully charge it. At least 12V I would assume.

Thanks for posting this info Pegasus
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back