Mysterious bass imbalance. How is that even possible?
Jan 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SmOgER

500+ Head-Fier
Recently I started to hear a stronger bass on the right side. But the reason of that isn't as obvious as it may look like... You see, when I put my S600's reversed (L to R), same HP channel still has stronger bass, but only very slightly and sometimes it even looks like perfectly balanced... Now what is strange, SAME EXACT problem was happening with my HD228's... Sometimes it's OK, the other days listening to same track I can hear the difference very easily... I have tried plugging them to several devices, balance was not affected, so the problem isn't DAC... Now if the problem is with my ears, why does balance change when I put my headphones reversed?? I don't believe that it's coincidence and these headphones are faulty just like HD228 with same channel behaving exactly the same... 
So what could it be?? Could it be the memory pads adjusting differently due to slightly different ears?? How can I make them sound how they should? 
it's so fc.ing frustrating... One day you are happy you finally found a perfectly suited headphones for you, the other day same **** are happening like with your old ones... UNBELIEVABLE. 
eek.gif

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #2 of 6
Ok now I put them on and suddently for some time bass appeared stronger on other channel (happened on HD228 several times also),, 

WTH?? 
deadhorse.gif

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #4 of 6
biggrin.gif
 The strangest thing is that it changes constantly...

So, could it be the memory pads?

I'am really starting to go nuts over this but I'am certainly not imagining those things...  
dt880smile.png

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #5 of 6
Maybe it's a broken cable/jack?

Or music having instruments that are panned slightly to left/right. 

Your headphones are both closed type, right? So maybe something to do with a bad seal..

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #6 of 6
It's not the jack as it happens with all DACs, cable looks also OK.. 
And it happens on same songs... 
Yeah, both HPs closed, sound isolation is good on both sides. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back