MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Jul 17, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #1,292 of 1,383
Jul 18, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #1,293 of 1,383
@Heinz : any opinion on pairing the Mysphere 3.2 with Ifi idsd Diablo ?

Some measurements if it helps :
https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/amp/ifi-idsd-diablo-turbo.php#gsc.tab=0
I once compared the Diabolo with the iDSD signature and thought how powerful and straight the Diabolo is. But I would have prefered the signature for it's more natural, analog sound. So I would use the Diabolo with warm headphones like Hifiman or Audeze. But with Mysphere? You don't need the power of the Diabolo, but you need a musical, rather warm source to enjoy it.
While I am writing this I am listening with my 3.2 on a iCan and Mythek Brooklyn. iCan is switched to middle at gain and volume at 9 to 10. So more than enough power. But more important than this, I miss the (good) tuby sound in this chain, like I get it from my Paltauf DAC and EDS.
What you don't need is ifis 3D-function. With other headphones like Grado for example I like it, but with Mysphere it is unnaturally.
Mids and highs are nice on a little dot mk1 with Mullard tubes, but I miss the power and control in the bass.
So my recommandation for the Mysphere is a strong tubeamp.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 8:04 AM Post #1,297 of 1,383
Aug 8, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #1,299 of 1,383
Today, I have been spending time with the MySphere 3.2 out of the Sony DMP-Z1. I have been meaning to try it for some time. I have used the MS 3.1 with the DMP before and enjoyed the experience. But not the 3.2. I am very pleased with how great the combination sounds with the DMP on direct sound and DSD upsampling on. :)
826F385B-3019-4A9F-A258-2867AD846E17.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #1,300 of 1,383
Today, I worked out what was causing a very slight channel imbalance in my Mysphere 3.2's - the angle of the earspeakers should be exactly the same left and right. I had previously been listening to various angles - wide spread to parallel with the pinnae (I prefer the latter - better bass) and hadn't made sure both earspeakers were at exactly the same angle when returned to my preferred angles. Viola - fixed - mono lead vocals now sit exactly where they should - right between my eyes!.
These earspeakers are superb, but there are lots of settings to get exactly right (another important one is that I prefer the sound where each earspeaker is centred over the ear canal opening - it sounds right again now.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 3:48 AM Post #1,302 of 1,383
RAAL has AMT drivers (think accordion) used by Precide's ERGO AMT and the Heil AMT. The Mysphere has dynamic drivers. Both are open back and open side headphones (no sealed earpads).

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 8:08 AM Post #1,303 of 1,383
Today, I worked out what was causing a very slight channel imbalance in my Mysphere 3.2's - the angle of the earspeakers should be exactly the same left and right. I had previously been listening to various angles - wide spread to parallel with the pinnae (I prefer the latter - better bass) and hadn't made sure both earspeakers were at exactly the same angle when returned to my preferred angles. Viola - fixed - mono lead vocals now sit exactly where they should - right between my eyes!.
These earspeakers are superb, but there are lots of settings to get exactly right (another important one is that I prefer the sound where each earspeaker is centred over the ear canal opening - it sounds right again now.
Yeah… I sometimes just put them on and wonder why they do not sound quite right or as good as i recall. and it’s either the angle or the position along the arc. But it is great to have some many things to experiment with. :)

Aug 16, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #1,304 of 1,383
Today, I have been spending time with the MySphere 3.2 out of the Sony DMP-Z1. I have been meaning to try it for some time. I have used the MS 3.1 with the DMP before and enjoyed the experience. But not the 3.2. I am very pleased with how great the combination sounds with the DMP on direct sound and DSD upsampling on. :) 826F385B-3019-4A9F-A258-2867AD846E17.jpeg
The DMP is my preferred source for my 3.1 and the Ta-Z1hes is my preferred for my Utopia!

Aug 16, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #1,305 of 1,383
The DMP is my preferred source for my 3.1 and the Ta-Z1hes is my preferred for my Utopia!
Totally agree on the TAZ and the Utopia. Excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back