my zen micro was stolen
Mar 2, 2005 at 4:17 AM Post #31 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by jnev
what's that supposed to mean??
confused.gif

If you do those ipod offers you will have to sign up for every Columbia House offer known to man, not to mention get your friends to do it too. Have Fun! Or get a gun! HA!

Mar 2, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #32 of 47
yah i told them, and i already have a cd player, albeit not a very nice one. ah well, i'll just work my ass off for the next few weeks, hopefully be able to get a new one. which player do you guys think i should get. i don't want another zen micro (loved the player, hated the software). i've realized that the micro wasn't really the best player for me. i originally wanted the smallest player i could get, but i've realized that's not very important. i'd rather get a slightly larger 20gb player so i could put more stuff on it. i'd like 20gb, line-out (line-in would be nice as well), good sq, and good software. rio karma seems almost perfect for me, yet the failure rate really scares me. the h320 seems nice, but the ui i've heard is really complicated. anything else i should look at?

thanks

(lol, i've like already almost forgotton about the theft and am already think about what to get next)

Mar 2, 2005 at 4:43 AM Post #33 of 47
Quote:

(lol, i've like already almost forgotton about the theft and am already think about what to get next)

already making progress...thats a start.

Mar 2, 2005 at 4:50 AM Post #34 of 47
one time i gave the sticky fingered at the school i went to a little test... found someone with a fried TI-83 (don't ask how it got fried... i can't remember)... took a rag... pissed on it... wrapped it around the bait then sat a used condom on top of it in an unused locker.... went back the next day and it was gone...

Mar 2, 2005 at 4:54 AM Post #35 of 47
i think the biggest draw of the karma at the moment is the price, which should be enticing for you since you dont seem to have tons of cash lying around. not many other 20giggers you can get for $180, especially ones that sound as good as the karma...
as for the quality issue, that's just something you have to decide for yourself...no problems here so far...

Mar 2, 2005 at 4:56 AM Post #36 of 47
Quote:

yah i told them, and i already have a cd player, albeit not a very nice one. ah well, i'll just work my ass off for the next few weeks, hopefully be able to get a new one. which player do you guys think i should get. i don't want another zen micro (loved the player, hated the software). i've realized that the micro wasn't really the best player for me. i originally wanted the smallest player i could get, but i've realized that's not very important. i'd rather get a slightly larger 20gb player so i could put more stuff on it. i'd like 20gb, line-out (line-in would be nice as well), good sq, and good software. rio karma seems almost perfect for me, yet the failure rate really scares me. the h320 seems nice, but the ui i've heard is really complicated. anything else i should look at?

thanks

I own an Iriver H320, and I find the UI to be vary easy. The only difference is that to know how to use everything you need the manual, however for the basic stuff it is very easy. If you have your music organized into folders the you'll love the way the music is organized on the Iriver. If it is not organized into folders however, you may not like the Iriver so much as navigating through a hundred songs is slow when compared against a touchpad. With proper organization however it is much faster than the touchpad.

My organization is:
--First folders organize by alphabetical order. For Example:
# to C
D To F
Inside those folders my music is then organized by artist. For Example:
# To C/Bon Jovi/Crush/Is my Life.

In other words my organization is:
Alphabetical Range/Artist/Album Song.

With this organization navigation is much faster than even compared against the ipod, or a micro (I have tried both players).

The other best part is that there is no need to complain about software with the H320 as it does not need any. When You connect it, it is recognized as if it was another Hard Drive, therefore you only need to grag and drop the files.

I definatelly recommend the H320. If you have a good organization, or are willing to organize your music. You coud also use software to have the music organized automatically in the same way as it is on the Micro. And that program (TDT) is also better than Micros, and its free. The only bad thing about this way of music organization is that it does not give you an alphabetical order. Without the alphabetical order, if you have more than 100 artists, or albums (depending on browsing mode), it is going to take long to get to a selection in the middle of the list. If you are willing to organize, or already have your music organized into folders, I definately recommend this, If not I recommend the RIO karma.

Mar 2, 2005 at 5:00 AM Post #37 of 47
All my music is already organized into files by artist/album/song, so i guess it wouldn't be a problem. another thing i heard about the h320 is that you can only put mp3 formats into playlists. is that true?

Mar 2, 2005 at 4:26 PM Post #39 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Just the way society is these days. My boy came home for Thanksgiving and while he(and the rest of the students) were away from campus, thieves made a pass through campus with bolt cutters stealing bikes. Thankfully, we purchased insurance(I DO learn!) but I'm sure some did not. Guess campus police can't be everywhere 24/7 but again, it's the times we live in....sad to say. Sorry for the loss. Stinks for sure.

I hear you, last year I went to my campus just to hand something in, and took my second best bike for a ride...locked it up with my thick U-Lock and went to hand it in...on the way back I met some people, talked ate luch at the food court...come back to my bike and it's gone..bastards cut around the bike lock fence somehow...I was in shock...it was the most expensive thing ever stolen from me...$850 Canadian.

Mar 2, 2005 at 5:44 PM Post #41 of 47
damn, that sucks... best of luck man... if u catch the guy, castrate him

my buddy had his riovolt stolen at the student life centre while he went to talk to a friend maybe like 30 feet away... couldn't believe it

personally, i've had someone pry open the locker door in the gym and rip my pants from inside in order to get at my wallet... at least they were nice enough to leave the pants and money-less wallet in an unused locker a couple down...

another time, this guy was walking around in the library.. and stupid me decided to leave my wallet sitting out in the open in my cubicle because my freinds were all sitting around me.. this punk had a piece of paper that he put ontop of my wallet and grab it with, my friends didn't notice.. i came back and saw him, followed him tot he bathroom where he ditched the wallet in the trash... as soon as he came out he sprinted... i was ready to pound him , sigh

lesson: don't trust anyone

i've since gotten a piercing on my privates and attach all my valuables to the piercing

Mar 2, 2005 at 5:51 PM Post #42 of 47
I had my Ti-83($80) & my Calculus text($120) stolen few months ago.
Earlier this month I bought a brand new electric tooth brush stolen from my dorm room. Some people are just sick SOBs
rolleyes.gif

I never got to know who did it. Hope you find your mp3 player.

Mar 2, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #43 of 47
i bought it just last month in late january, so i didn't even have time to use it much. oh well, life goes on.

still looking for another player to replace it, however...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back