my wonder about ibasso dx90... folks plz help...
Apr 11, 2015 at 5:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Peterlovemusic

Head-Fier
hi everyone,
im now considering of whether i should be getting an ibasso dx90, and i hv gone through quite an amount of review from chinese / taiwan / foreign websites

the feedbacks are quite bi-polar, for the positive side, many ppl praise for its good sound and reasonable pricing.However, for the negative side, many ppl complaint for its poor stablity of the UI and crashing down

so, for the dx90 users
have you ever encountered a bug / the system crash down(being out of order) since your purchase and how is your thought to that?

thanks man !
cheers :)

danke danke

Apr 11, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #2 of 11
What you read is people experiencing bugs over different firmwares. As new firmware releases some new bugs arise and need to be corrected. For most parts DX90 is stable. I've not had one single issue with mine over 3 months of ownership. And at most the bugs are at such a point they're very minor. Go ahead and order if you want, it's not a major concern.

Apr 12, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #5 of 11
Like H20 said, the major issues have been corrected with the later firmwares and while the software isn't excellent, it is perfectly fine for a music player. Just don't expect it to be as snappy as the latest smartphone. 

Best thing for you to do is to try it out before you buy, depending on where you live it should not be too difficult considering how many shops (especially in China) stock them. 

Apr 13, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #7 of 11
No bugs, crashes or volume spikes on my 50 and 90

Apr 14, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #8 of 11
I've had my DX90 since the initial release and have essentially had no problems other than with gapless playback. Gapless does not work between the first 2 tracks played after power on. I play only well tagged flac files. I play via the directory structure and have one album per directory. I play one album at a time from start to finish. For my simple use the DX90 ui is perfect. I have one wish and that is that it would display track numbers and then it would have been nice if the battery lasted longer

Apr 14, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #9 of 11
If you go all the way back to DX50 release on early (first) firmware then initial bugs were well worth mentioning. At least my experience with my first DX50 unit. Then I could talk about, volume bugs, freezing, crashing, random resets, touch screen losing response requiring you pulled the battery's in / out, crashing trying to Install firmware, to fix the broken firmware etc..

As time moved on and iBasso used us as guinea pigs the firmwares became stable to a point everything was ironed out. By the time I purchased my second DX50 unit (about 8 months later) there was very little to mention. Furthermore, when DX90 released after DX50 using virtually the same firmware most bugs were completed resolved.

What we can't rewind is all those past problems / posts still logged in many Head-fi threads, this can cause confusion.

Apr 15, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #10 of 11
If you go all the way back to DX50 release on early (first) firmware then initial bugs were well worth mentioning. At least my experience with my first DX50 unit. Then I could talk about, volume bugs, freezing, crashing, random resets, touch screen losing response requiring you pulled the battery's in / out, crashing trying to Install firmware, to fix the broken firmware etc..

As time moved on and iBasso used us as guinea pigs the firmwares became stable to a point everything was ironed out. By the time I purchased my second DX50 unit (about 8 months later) there was very little to mention. Furthermore, when DX90 released after DX50 using virtually the same firmware most bugs were completed resolved.

What we can't rewind is all those past problems / posts still logged in many Head-fi threads, this can cause confusion.

Yeah lol, I remember the early DX50, the most glitchy player....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back