My wallet wants an apology...
Apr 15, 2010 at 3:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

lordsegan

100+ Head-Fier
In the last month+ I have bought everything audio related listed in my sig. I have also bought Swan M200MKIIIs and a new 4TB media server that I am building. And new slient PC cases, and new high end almost slient case fans.

I hate you.

Apr 15, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #5 of 22
Yeah, well I just hope I don't fall madly in love with both HP's I ordered...
There is always that chance. It's happened before. I think I'm going to pick a favorite and wind up with both and a much thinner wallet.

At least it will be much more comfortable sitting on as I enjoy the cans. (Hmm... that sounded weird)
tongue.gif

shane

Apr 15, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ypoknons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what, around a $1000usd? That's not bad at all.

Exactly, I spent more than that in the last 2 days. Might as well spend the money!
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #8 of 22
those media servers are a bit of a waste of cash, I paid $300 for two 1.5TB hard drives and an external hard drive reader for backup of my three seperate 1TB HD's.
Total cost the same as a server, and total redundancy is 100%. The hard drives are in my closet.
On the subject of money, it's not actually real... only what we love is real.
money is just a punk wannabe street thug, an imposter.

Apr 15, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjinh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly, I spent more than that in the last 2 days. Might as well spend the money!
biggrin.gif

What have you bought now?

Apr 15, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamwhisper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
those media servers are a bit of a waste of cash, I paid $300 for two 1.5TB hard drives and an external hard drive reader for backup of my three seperate 1TB HD's.
Total cost the same as a server, and total redundancy is 100%. The hard drives are in my closet.
On the subject of money, it's not actually real... only what we love is real.
money is just a punk wannabe street thug, an imposter.

Well, I am building a full WHS server. It will back up all of my computers mostly automatically. I have resisted this for years, but I also use my computers for work and now also work at home, so its almost a legal requirement. I used to just use the "extra hard drive in the closet" method, but I need something both more "online" and both more automatic.

Apr 15, 2010 at 5:20 AM Post #13 of 22
Now that you've spent all that dosh on audio equipment, the joy and satisfaction you'll get from music (and reduced data loss) will probably extend your life. Think how expensive that will be.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back