My Very Low Budget Nearfield Desktop Rig (Lepai amp and Dayton Audio speakers)
Feb 6, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #76 of 193
Does he listen to this? 
biggrin.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bow_Wow_Wow

Nope. THIS:

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He82NBjJqf8[/VIDEO]

:D

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #77 of 193
I matched my Harmon Kardon Bds270/ hkts2000bq that I bought for my bedroom against the Lepai 2020+, at low to moderated listening, the Lepai / Polk Rti4 kill the Harmon Kardon ( msrp $999.00) in term of soundstage and dynamic. That's scary. Of course the Harkon Kardon has a ton of juice and sounds best at high listening level.

Has anyone tried the Polk Lsi7 with the Lepai yet? The Lepai rated 4 ohm but I wonder how stable it is when the load drops below 4 Ohm.

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #79 of 193
Quote:
GREAT!!!  Thanks a LOT!  Now, thanks to you, I gotta get a video feed going for my dog too! <grin!>

When you were setting up your stereo system, apparently you had a different interpretation of the term "WOOFER" than the rest of us! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #80 of 193
My final words on the Lepai 2020+ are for $20.00 ,you will not find a better value amplifier providing you are looking for a near field listening system. If you are in search for a powerful,headbanger type of amp for cheap, look somewhere else. There is some kind of synergy between the Lepai 2020+ and the Polk Audio bookshelves speakers. I have tried several different lines from Mirage, Def Tech, Energy...but I always come back to my old Polk AudioRT15i for the wonderful tube sound reproduction with the Lepai amp. The newer line RTI4s are brighter and more dynamic with the treble and mid-range that go well with contemporary music. I play some Lee Ritenour, John Scofield, Miles Davis...the Polk Audio RT15i / Lepai 2020+ combo creates some memorable experience that the $20 amp should not allow to be that good but it is. My favourite "Brothers in arms" by Dire Strait sounds better with the Polk Audio RTi 4 and the Lepai 2020+. I had my share of hi-end gear in the past 40 years and I still appreciate the magic of the Apogees ,Logans, Sonus Faber....speakers driven by Krell,Bryston and Audio Reasearch amps. I was never thought about the day I would buy a $20 amp and the Polk Audio for critical listening and I still do believe so but for a near field listening enjoyment, The Lepai 2020+ and the Polk Audio via MOG Internet music have give me a pleasure that is worth much more than what I paid for. It's simply unbelievably good. You will not have to look any further.

Feb 12, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #81 of 193
Lee Ritenour and Kurt Elling " River man" make my jaw dropping on the floor. I was speechless. This SQ is not from the Rega Saturn CD player.This SQ is not from the Cary SLI 80,it is from an IPhone 4G and the vintage Mirage FRX One speakers and the Lepai 2020+. Maybe it's not quite the same or not quite that good but I am speechless that a MOG internet high quality streaming and a modest budget system can come that close to the hi-end system that costs a lot more. It's simply unbelievable,period.

Feb 13, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #83 of 193
I am going to try the "Spanish Harlem" SACD by Rebecca Piddgeon tonight if I can find that CD some where in my dusty collection in the attic. If you have heard Rebecca Pidgeonon SACD,please do. You will be in for a treat. I promise that.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #84 of 193
Lepai 2020+ = no flavor added. That's the quality I have been looking for . No artificial " warmness" or " organic" added. It ( the Lepai2020+) just produces beautiful sound as is. Tripath amps have converted this old man and has changed my perspective of hi-end audio or low end audio.

Music is music,period.

Feb 14, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #85 of 193
I own an apology to the Lepai people and I would like to do so here.  I have switched all my Lepai 2020+ amps to a separated power surge and all my other devices to another power surge. There is no more ground loop hum. By putting my ear close to the speakers, they are dead quiet. So it's not the Lepai build quality but rather some interference from other devices.

I am very happy and I am a proud owner of 4 of these little sweet gems.

Feb 14, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #86 of 193
I own an apology to the Lepai people and I would like to do so here.  I have switched all my Lepai 2020+ amps to a separated power surge and all my other devices to another power surge. There is no more ground loop hum. By putting my ear close to the speakers, they are dead quiet. So it's not the Lepai build quality but rather some interference from other devices.

I am very happy and I am a proud owner of 4 of these little sweet gems.

That's good news :D

Might want to edit your previous post where you announced the problem, and an UPDATE and indicate it wasn't the Lepai. Someone might only read it.

Feb 15, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #88 of 193
Quote:
because of this thread i am a proud lepai owner!!

current setup: newly built pc > fiio e17 > lepai lp-2020a+ > dayton power-1000 10" sub > dayton b652

Welcome to the club! 
beerchug.gif

Feb 16, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #89 of 193
Maybe we need to open another Lepai 2020+ owners thread to show the snobby audiophiles with mega $$$ system that one does not need the brand name gear with fancy 1/2 " thick face plate
and fancy cables to enjoy music.

i DOUBT that for near field listening, even at 100 time more expensive, the so-called audiophile products can be much much better than the Lepai 2020+. A nice pair of hi-effiency speakers and a good recording source, at the same neat field listening level, this Lepai 2020+ is not " junk" or " garbage" as those guys claimed it to be. I I would like to take any challenge from those hi-maintenance audiophiles which I was one of them for over thirty years.  

Feb 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #90 of 193
I'm thinking about getting setup for myself, but I'm completely in the dark about anything sound-related.
  • My mobo is a Asus Rampage Gene II, it has an integrated SupremeFX X-Fi card in it (no idea if it's good or not). If I pick up the Lepai, how do I bypass the soundcard's built in amp, or is this a non-issue?
  • Also, the lime-green audio line-out is kind of finicky to use and I would preferably bypass it as an output. Could I get the Fiio D3 and feed an optical into the D3 and stereo into the amp? Would that be a step up or just a waste of money just to go around a minor inconvenience?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back