My Very Low Budget Nearfield Desktop Rig (Lepai amp and Dayton Audio speakers)
Dec 30, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #166 of 193
These "new"tech small switching powersupply are stabilized already only the older heavy big transformer powersupply needs the stabilized type ones.

Factory comes with the same powersupply:
http://www.lepai.us/amplifier-lepai-lp-2020a.html

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #167 of 193
These "new"tech small switching powersupply are stabilized already only the older heavy big transformer powersupply needs the stabilized type ones.

Factory comes with the same powersupply:
http://www.lepai.us/amplifier-lepai-lp-2020a.html

Are you talking about the amp?
I have already a unstabilized power supply I could use..do you think it could be good ?

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #168 of 193
Are you talking about the amp?
I have already a unstabilized power supply I could use..do you think it could be good ?

I think before you start spending a good bit of money on a Lepai t-amp, you should consider getting a Topping or Indeed t-amp. Better overall build quality and they come with decent power supplies.

Jan 31, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #169 of 193
Almost 3 years, and my 2 Lepai 2020's are still running strong.
Got my TV hooked to a Lepai, no problems at all.

biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #173 of 193
  Coming to a 4th year and my old Lepai LP2020A+ still runs cool and cheerfully 24/7 
beerchug.gif
 I expected it to die and buy a new one like 2 years ago but it still lives! 

I wonder if the newer releases are the same design, have any upgrades, or any parts having become discontinued and changed since nearly 5 years ago when the quality of that amp made it became so popular.

Apr 14, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #174 of 193
I am not the ultimate electronics expert, but I have done a lot of reading about this amp, and a lot of people have suggested using a higher amp Power Supply, say 12V 5A, or even 12V 6A.

I have set at least 6 lepai 2020+ amps with a 12V 6A power supply from Amazon.com with very good results.

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #175 of 193
@ $26.00 and some  shipping charge, the Lepai when is driven by a nice fairly efficiency speakers for near field listening, it simple cannot be beaten.

If you have to listen it loud, I ran across this at Fry's and it is worth much more than the $149.00. Clean and powerful 65WPC with more input and several HDMI in and one HDMI out. Need a sub for movies, there is a sub out for tht application.

I look at some Topping amps with much lower WPC and limited input and it costs like $100.00 or more. Check this Harman Kardon out.

For a small 2.1, I highly recommended this harman Kardon BDS 277.  I bought it and returned it for only one reason, all the function like Bluetooth, Fm, Airplay will have to be control with a TV display on. The USB front is Apple compatible with my Iphone 3, 4 and Ipod touch 3g adn it sounds damned good.

If one just need an amp with a lot of inputs 2.1 system and a dvd/ blueray player integrated, this is it for $149.00. I may have my son buy me one again for Father day ,just for its 2.1 USB input usage.

8443788.02.prod.jpg

Jun 1, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #176 of 193
  @ $26.00 and some  shipping charge, the Lepai when is driven by a nice fairly efficiency speakers for near field listening, it simple cannot be beaten.

If you have to listen it loud, I ran across this at Fry's and it is worth much more than the $149.00. Clean and powerful 65WPC with more input and several HDMI in and one HDMI out. Need a sub for movies, there is a sub out for tht application.

I look at some Topping amps with much lower WPC and limited input and it costs like $100.00 or more. Check this Harman Kardon out.

For a small 2.1, I highly recommended this harman Kardon BDS 277.  I bought it and returned it for only one reason, all the function like Bluetooth, Fm, Airplay will have to be control with a TV display on. The USB front is Apple compatible with my Iphone 3, 4 and Ipod touch 3g adn it sounds damned good.

If one just need an amp with a lot of inputs 2.1 system and a dvd/ blueray player integrated, this is it for $149.00. I may have my son buy me one again for Father day ,just for its 2.1 USB input usage.

8443788.02.prod.jpg

Sweet! 

Jun 18, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #179 of 193
In case anyone is interested, I just put one of my Indeed TA2021 t-amps up for sale: http://www.head-fi.org/t/627161/my-very-low-budget-nearfield-desktop-rig-lepai-amp-and-dayton-audio-speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back