My Ultimate Ears still don't fit...
May 11, 2005 at 2:13 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoPhil
i've raised a similar concern about the merit of full open mouth impressions for "listeners" rather than performers.

I'm a performer, but I'm not a singer. So my mouth is closed during performances. I've had many custom ear products made for me, and I've tried it a variety of ways. The material that the product is made out of is important to take into consideration, because if it is forgiving (soft) I think some movement of the mouth during impression-taking is acceptable. For harder materials there is a much higher likelihood that there will be discomfort if the mold isn't representative of the shape of the ear during use.

Remember that Ultimate Ears deals primarily with performers (who most likely sing), and their audiologist network is also accustomed to catering to that audience. So consider your application, and don't be afraid to mention it to the person taking the impression. If they ask you to open your mouth, ask them why. Maybe it makes sense for you, maybe it doesn't.

May 12, 2005 at 4:35 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElectroJunkie
Well, I can tell you that they are a hell of a lot moe comfortable then my UE
eek.gif
. My Sleep plugs are made of a soft ruber type material (maybe silacone, I am not sure) The only problem that you may have is that pressure can bulid up as you lay on your side, so you may have to turn over once in a while. Other then that they are great especially for studying/working.

Send UE your IEM's with your sleep plugs so they can do some measurements/comparisons.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back