My Two Cents: It is NOT okay to cross signals in a cable...
Jun 30, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #166 of 168
So I've been speaking with Dennis Boyle over @ Chimera Labs, and this is his advice in regards to a 8-conductor litz braided headphone cable

"A single braid with both right and left channel combined has the best performance versus two independent cables placed side by side. There was no crosstalk or background noise. You could try individual cables separated by at least ½” using tape but that will increase the insulation to conductor ratio.."

I think I'll still opt for the 4-litz braid per channel that are independent from each other.

Jun 30, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #167 of 168
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I've been speaking with Dennis Boyle over @ Chimera Labs, and this is his advice in regards to a 8-conductor litz braided headphone cable

"A single braid with both right and left channel combined has the best performance versus two independent cables placed side by side. There was no crosstalk or background noise. You could try individual cables separated by at least ½” using tape but that will increase the insulation to conductor ratio.."

I think I'll still opt for the 4-litz braid per channel that are independent from each other.

That goes counter to his FAQ page it would seem.

Jun 30, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #168 of 168
He suggested to me that a 6-8 conductor would be best, (i.e. 3+3 -> 6 or 4+4 -> 8) to which i inquired if crossfeed was going to be an issue, and that was his response. I think Dennis is more concerned about the transparency of his cable designs, which is mostly influenced by the insulation on the wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back