My Turn - UE-10 Pro's Are Here
Oct 19, 2005 at 6:18 PM Post #31 of 50
if I were you, I'd read all the comparisons and then try to forget that UE-10 is the best IEM
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 19, 2005 at 6:24 PM Post #32 of 50
That's what I'm doing, and every time I managed to actually convince myself I wanna get the 5c, I read something else that changes my mind
biggrin.gif

I wish they did some discount for students, or that I had more money
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2005 at 6:57 PM Post #33 of 50
Hey guys

I just got mine.

My serial number is 7189.

I do not have time listen to it right now because I am at work.

Oct 19, 2005 at 7:00 PM Post #35 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
Hey guys

I just got mine.

I do not have time listen to it right now because I am at work.

Wow hehe let me be the first to congratulate you *g*!

You got yours faster than my re-fit returned home, contrary to what you expected in some other posts *g*.

EDIT: Noooo gordon was faster! Hrmpf *g*

Marcus

Oct 19, 2005 at 7:04 PM Post #36 of 50
thanks guys.

I do not know what is it with UE, but they actually got mine done in 5 days, and 1 day fedex. I am amazed by this kinda speed.

Oct 19, 2005 at 7:05 PM Post #37 of 50
hehe..

well, i dont expect the refit to be back before 2 more weeks.

in the post office i was told, the fastest possibility to send it to the USA would take arround 1 week.
it was actually cheaper than sending it from new york, although takes alot longer..

regards gordon

Oct 19, 2005 at 7:25 PM Post #38 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by imz14u2nv
Stupid question: Is it not possible the two people have ears that are similar enough that custom molds can fit both comfortably?

Just a question that I haven’t seen asked, I don’t know the answer.

You'd think they could make a more generic version...like maybe make the body similar to other generic IEMs (like the UM2, E5 etc) and make the insert extra thin but covered with expandable foam, so you could get a good seal. Might muck with the sound, though.

Oct 19, 2005 at 7:46 PM Post #39 of 50
Quote:

I do not know what is it with UE, but they actually got mine done in 5 days, and 1 day fedex. I am amazed by this kinda speed.

If necessary, they can turn out a pair in ~1.5 hours from the time they receive impressions. I know this B/C they made a set of UE-10's as a gift for one lucky Head-Fi'er when we visited their facility. The delay of course is the backlog of orders. FWIW, my set was ready exactly one week after they shot the impressions. An impressive tunaround IMO.

Oh, and congrats, solvexyz!

Quote:

I just remembered something that Noye told me yesterday about the number. Apparantly, it's the impression I.D., not the actual serial number. So if you had another set made from the same impressions, that number should remain the same (?). I guess the only way to know for sure is to order 2 sets a few months apart... who's game to try it?
icon10.gif

Oct 19, 2005 at 8:24 PM Post #40 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
I just remembered something that Noye told me yesterday about the number. Apparantly, it's the impression I.D., not the actual serial number. So if you had another set made from the same impressions, that number should remain the same (?). I guess the only way to know for sure is to order 2 sets a few months apart... who's game to try it?
icon10.gif

Lol be venturous!
tongue.gif

If I understand your information correctly, you'd get another ID once you have to get a refit made from a new set of impressions. I might find out sooner than I ever wanted to if the thickening of the stem doesn't help.

Marcus

Oct 19, 2005 at 9:53 PM Post #41 of 50
Had my 10's for a while now. My serial number is 6442. By far the best IEM's I have ever heard.

I am also thinking about getting them re-fitted as the seal breaks when I chew every so often. It is a very minor problem.

It took UE about 2 weeks to make mine. No complaints though as they were well worth the wait.
icon10.gif

Oct 19, 2005 at 10:10 PM Post #43 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusH
Lol be venturous!
tongue.gif

If I understand your information correctly, you'd get another ID once you have to get a refit made from a new set of impressions. I might find out sooner than I ever wanted to if the thickening of the stem doesn't help.

Marcus

I'll just hope you don't have to find this out, Marcus!

Oct 19, 2005 at 11:41 PM Post #45 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
UE-10_2.jpg

UE should do a better job with their Website; there is no way that you can tell that the blue or any other color headset will look this good from the site. It can’t be that difficult to take pictures of each color mold and post them on the site, those are very expensive products and deserve better.

I guess what I am saying is that yours are very nice, but looking at the website, you would never know that.

Thanks for sharing and enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back