My Turn - UE-10 Pro's Are Here
Oct 19, 2005 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

BRBJackson

Headphoneus Supremus
OK, I just got back from Ultimate Ears, where I took possession of my new babies
etysmile.gif
I really consider myself fortunate to live/work nearby, as the level of support there is just amazing. Had a nice chat with Jerry, and got the royal treatment from Noye and Dino as they made a number of minor tweaks to my 10's (primarily in the canal tube lengths) until I was satisfied. I kind of felt like a rock star while I was there. An overweight, aging rock star
icon10.gif

Initial listening impression is basically that I'm floored. Just listened to some cuts from Diana Krall's 'Girl in the Other Room'... wow
basshead.gif
Anyway, I'll refrain from posting any kind of review until after some serious sit-down time with them. I've got a long business trip early next week, and will be able to test them out properly. This may be the first time I've actually looked forward to air travel.

Here Come the Obligatory Photos:

UE-10_1.jpg

UE-10_2.jpg

Oct 19, 2005 at 2:14 AM Post #4 of 50
Wow. Can not believe yours arrive that quick. I should get mine by tommorrow.

Oct 19, 2005 at 2:27 AM Post #6 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMcMasterJ
Looking good! Can you post pics of the other side? Mine should arrive on Monday.

Here you go...

UE-10_3.jpg

Oct 19, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #7 of 50
VERY Nice BRBJackson! Love the color scheme with the chord. Really cool. Seems most of us here in So. Cal. are getting the 10's. While some people are calling the 10's the FOTM, I disagree. I think it just took all of us that much time to save up for these babies.
cool.gif
They are well worth it though. I know I love my 10's. I loved them so much my Pro's were passed on to my father who is currently enjoying them quite a bit.

What are you gonna do with your Pro's?

Oct 19, 2005 at 2:33 AM Post #8 of 50
Damn... I live in SoCal also... must resist... have no money...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Anyway, very nice colors there, I didn't know they made clear blue. Think I can get one with a clear red on the right and clear blue for the left?
wink.gif

Oct 19, 2005 at 2:47 AM Post #10 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
What are you gonna do with your Pro's?

Haven't decided yet. If early impressions of the 10's hold true, I'll have a hard time putting anything else in my ears, though...

Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi
Think I can get one with a clear red on the right and clear blue for the left?

I'd imagine so, but call them and check.

crazyfrenchman27, yes I paid tax. It was worth it to ensure that the whole process happened in-house.

Oct 19, 2005 at 3:08 AM Post #11 of 50
Those are beautiful. It makes me wish I had order that color. Mine aren't translucent, but hopefully they will still look good. I'm jealous of the So. Cal people that get to have everything done at UE.

Oct 19, 2005 at 3:13 AM Post #12 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
yes I paid tax. It was worth it to ensure that the whole process happened in-house.

I am so jealous that you got that kinda previlege that many of us can not get it that cheaply. Consider getting a airplane ticket and hotel and possibley $200 to rush it in 2 days, so we can come back and check the fit, and then fly back at the end of second day.

I will be getting mine tommorrow morning, and I am very excited about how the fit goes. I hope it fits nicely.

Oct 19, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #14 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
LOL, the UE10's can't really be a "true" FOTM. Because you can't resell them after a month or a year, or ever, since it won't fit anyone else.

Congrats on yer UE10's, Bill.

Yeah, I'm trying to resist the urge.....
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

What is FOTM. Friend of traditional music??

Oct 19, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #15 of 50
Those are the first ones I've seen that have turned my head! Very nice, along with the other I love the blue!

Not that I can afford them for a long while but 2 questions:

How's the bass
basshead.gif
? and how would you compare to the E4C??

Also what it the out the door cost on average with the custom molding and all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back