My TripleFi 10s... the medium tip is too small, big too big...
Feb 28, 2010 at 4:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

hungarianhc

New Head-Fier
Does anyone else have a similar problem? I travel frequently, and every week i've been trying a new tip size. I find that the larges produce the best sound because they can make a seal, but I really need to mash hard / twist to get them in there right, and once they're in, they're almost a bit *too* tight. The mediums are more comfortable, but they pop out at times, and i'm not convinced i'm getting a great seal. Recommendations? I like these IEMs so I want to make them work for me... are there alternate tips I can buy?

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #3 of 18
Modified Shure black foam (olive) is what I am using for the last 3 years. Basically I take the foam of the Shure and superglued it on a Comply foam tip inner plastic tube. It is both comfortable and durable, best of both world.

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:23 AM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by imackler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recommend the Sony Hybrid tips. Very nice.

x2.

hungarianhc,

If you find the medium-size stock tips fit you the most but pop out at times, I suggest the Sony Hybrid medium tips. These do make a good seal too. You can try the Sony Hybrids large tips for even better seal, but it would be something like the stock large tips, which you have to push hard to get them stay still in your ears.

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #6 of 18
Definitely try the Sony Hybrids

Feb 28, 2010 at 7:14 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosfayt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
aha, but then if you lie on the tf10's in your ear too much you just might crack the shell :p

I don't worry about it now, as warranty is not over
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 7:23 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Did you buy an insurance for your ears? If it's cracked and hurt your ears then you don't have to worry about the medical fees...

True. Never think about it.
confused_face.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 7:32 AM Post #12 of 18
What I mean is we should enjoy music in a safer way. I am taking good care of my hearing and never listen to music at high volume. I want to have eargasm even when I'd turn 70s!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back