My TripleFi 10's have been WASHED! (SIGH)
Dec 19, 2012 at 4:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

InnovatedMind

Head-Fier
Hey guys!
My tripleFi 10's have been sent through the wash on accident... fortunately they sound great at <= 50% volume... When I raise it above that, I hear popping....this, obviously won't do, since it reeeeallly annoys me and I tend to listen to the "popping" more than my music....

Here's my question, I don't have $200 to spend again on replacement buds so are there any good IEMS that are $150 or below, with a good open soundstage like the TripleFi's... with sparkly high's and rich lows? If not, is there anything comparable?

I'll be honest with you, I haven't kept up with my IEM research... If I wanted good bass with some decent highs, would FA DBA-02's still be the answer? Or what? Please ANY input is valuable! I'll be checking this regularly!

Thank you!! 
- Joe

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #2 of 12
I don't own the TF10 but i have the brainwavz b2 (that are almost the same ad the dba-02 (not the mk2) and they are amazing :D The treble and the mid are fantastic, but i read that the bass are not as present ad the TF10, but still they are very detailed.

If you want to stay on the same driver as the dba-02 i suggest you the mk2 that i read are a little more warmer or the r-50 that many said that are one of the best tuned TWFK drivers (and also the cheapest)

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #3 of 12
I would probably browse the 'for sale' section or other auction websites (Sometimes Amazon even have them for around $150) for a used set of the UE tripleFi 10 as they are often sold for under $150, that is if you want another pair.

Another option which I personally preferred to the UE are the Vsonic GR07 which cost around $180 new but can be found for under $150 used.

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #5 of 12
A recommendation; put your TF10s in a bag of rice. The rice will absorb the remaining moisture in them in 24 hours or so. I believe the problem you are experiencing is due to moisture.

Of course I wouldn't want that to stop you from purchasing a new set!
smile.gif

Dec 19, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:
A recommendation; put your TF10s in a bag of rice. The rice will absorb the remaining moisture in them in 24 hours or so. I believe the problem you are experiencing is due to moisture.

Of course I wouldn't want that to stop you from purchasing a new set!
smile.gif

Dang! I should of known this sooner! It was about Six months ago that this happen, the problems just started to appear :/ ... Though I think it was pretty dry because it went through the dryer aswell LOL (oy vey)....

JVC Triple Drivers? That sounds pretty beastly!

I heard the GR07 is a good competitor to the TF10's ... My plan is to get them both when I get more money, but for now I want to try a new earbud so I can add to my collection (I already know I will own my TF10's again)...

Here's the results of my research:
VSonic GR07 
Yamaha 100's
S-50

Dec 19, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #7 of 12
Next time that happens put them in rice like Vaughn said. And wait for a couple days to be safe. For electronics, the rule of thumb is they cannot break from water damage until you power them up. I guarantee you there would be no damage done if you had waited for them to dry out. I've washed my Image S4s twice and both times I waited patiently for them to dry and they came out without any damage.

Dec 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:
Dang! I should of known this sooner! It was about Six months ago that this happen, the problems just started to appear :/ ... Though I think it was pretty dry because it went through the dryer aswell LOL (oy vey)....

JVC Triple Drivers? That sounds pretty beastly!

I heard the GR07 is a good competitor to the TF10's ... My plan is to get them both when I get more money, but for now I want to try a new earbud so I can add to my collection (I already know I will own my TF10's again)...

Here's the results of my research:
VSonic GR07 
Yamaha 100's
S-50

yeah they are beasty and from the impressions of the users who have this, than I would choose fxz100 over gr07 or yamaha eph100...

check out this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632273/jvc-ha-fxz-100-200/795

Dec 19, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #9 of 12
Likewise, i already have the eph100 and fxd80's and will be adding the fxz200's to my collection.

For the price id doubt there's anything that would touch them.

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #10 of 12
Weren't new monster Trumpets going for $150 recently? I found the MTPC to be similar to the tf10 (punchy bass + shimmery highs) but with better timbre and mids (At the time I sold the tf10 and kept the MTPC)... The Miles Davis and trumpets are said to be even better than the Coppers by those who have owned both.

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:
Weren't new monster Trumpets going for $150 recently? I found the MTPC to be similar to the tf10 (punchy bass + shimmery highs) but with better timbre and mids (At the time I sold the tf10 and kept the MTPC)... The Miles Davis and trumpets are said to be even better than the Coppers by those who have owned both.

I never really gave the Monster's some thought, I always thought they were out of my price range...

Here's another question for ya'll:
If you could get the Copper Pros for $150 would you get that over the GR07 which is also priced around $150?

- Joe

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #12 of 12
Based on the various reviews in this forum of both of those IEMs, I think the clear answer is no. The GR07 will sound better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back